Virtual Cockpit Initialising Issue

jaypers777

Reaction score
Has anyone else had this type of issue before (see pics)? First run, and after pulling out of the last services on the M1 before the M25, realised it wasn’t going to clear. Put up with it until reaching my destination. Engine off/on didn’t clear it. Locked/unlocked car and still the same. Checked into hotel and went and tried it again and it’s fine again. Must be a software bug but wondered if common. Main MMI and all functions were working fine throughout, it was just on the VC.

Attachments

• 2908FC7F-88AD-4022-9458-0C738ABE7E5A.jpeg
    2908FC7F-88AD-4022-9458-0C738ABE7E5A.jpeg
    3.7 MB · Views: 200
  • 2E736C54-4474-40A3-862B-1891F6E8899A.jpeg
    2E736C54-4474-40A3-862B-1891F6E8899A.jpeg
    3.8 MB · Views: 160
  • 4C331F5A-F742-4F40-974C-0B50A4DD8FF5.jpeg
    4C331F5A-F742-4F40-974C-0B50A4DD8FF5.jpeg
    3.4 MB · Views: 158
Has anyone else had this type of issue before (see pics)? First run, and after pulling out of the last services on the M1 before the M25, realised it wasn’t going to clear. Put up with it until reaching my destination. Engine off/on didn’t clear it. Locked/unlocked car and still the same. Checked into hotel and went and tried it again and it’s fine again. Must be a software bug but wondered if common. Main MMI and all functions were working fine throughout, it was just on the VC.
Could be due to the Car sync'ing up to the Audi Server, to complete the setup specific to you. I had issues early, settled now. Just make sure the mobile signal to your car is stable and good few bars.

This is actually normal - if you try and immediately access anything the system needs a little bit to start up and open the "apps".

If it is super laggy all the time then it is time to take it to Audi but if it is now and again if you click on a function immediately then it is normal.

Reactions: RichK
This is actually normal - if you try and immediately access anything the system needs a little bit to start up and open the "apps".

If it is super laggy all the time then it is time to take it to Audi but if it is now and again if you click on a function immediately then it is normal.

A few seconds while the mmi boots up, not a whole journey stuck initialising.

You actually read the OP post………

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: RichK
A few seconds while the mmi boots up, not a whole journey stuck initialising.

You actually read the OP post………

That's my point if it happens one time it is just a temporary bug.

If it happens every time then it is more of a problem.

I have had similar (once) a while back, 15 mile into a journey and the MMI went off with meassage ''installing your settings'' lasted about 10 minutes then all back to normal

Also lost all the 'Favourites and Last stations' radio stations the other day

They're a FPOS to be honest when this software stuff starts happening, I never had an issue AT ALL with my 7.5 Golf R, I sometimes wish I had just been content with what I had, it even made more enjoyable exhaust noises than the 5 pot to be honest, Our Dyson makes more noise than the RS3, I cant see this car being a keeper for too long, nothing is lighting my candle with it

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: 8YARWY and 3vans
I have had similar (once) a while back, 15 mile into a journey and the MMI went off with meassage ''installing your settings'' lasted about 10 minutes then all back to normal

They're a FPOS to be honest when this software stuff starts happening, I never had an issue AT ALL with my 7.5 Golf R, I sometimes wish I had just been content with what I had, it even made more enjoyable exhaust noises than the 5 pot to be honest, Our Dyson makes more noise than the RS3, I cant see this car being a keeper for too long, nothing is lighting my candle with it
For the losing of favourites, I had this in my S4 and it really ****** me off. Then I realised that they're all stored to the key and if I picked up the spare and used that rather than the main key for whatever it would use all the settings linked to it. My wife usually used that as her key for the car and had the settings sorted for her and it took me a while to click...

Reactions: 3vans
I get various weird issues with the VC and MMI. Yesterday the screen was telling me that if I got messages on my phone screen i shouldn't read them while driving. I checked my phone and there were no messages. Couldn't get the screen off that message while on Apple Car Play. Parked up at Co Op, got back in and it was fine. You learn to live with the strangeness.

Reactions: 8YARWY
I get various weird issues with the VC and MMI. Yesterday the screen was telling me that if I got messages on my phone screen i shouldn't read them while driving. I checked my phone and there were no messages. Couldn't get the screen off that message while on Apple Car Play. Parked up at Co Op, got back in and it was fine. You learn to live with the strangeness.

True, I get messages now and again telling me accident up ahead weird.

I sometimes also get a message at the top of the screen in a box about 20mm down from the top of the screen, ive not been able to read it as it pops up and then dissapears about a minute into the journey

After the new rack I’m going to seriously think whether mine is going……..

True, I get messages now and again telling me accident up ahead weird.

I think that's the connected network thing no? Where Audis talk to each other to warn of unusual conditions. I think certain models even warn each other about potholes. I quite often get one about limited visibility when there's a storm down the road. Better than in my A35 where once it just said 'Danger Ahead' in an ominous voice!

I've had the MMI initialising issue once before where I went to check song name and it was stuck on Entertainment initialising.