Virtual Cockpit - Media Tab

cemerson

Reaction score
The media tab in my Virtual Cockpit never shows anything. The currently playing song title appears in the tab itself correctly, but the contents of the tab always say 'No entries to display' or some similar message. I have only once had it show the current 'playlist', but I'm not sure what was different on that occasion.

Does anyone else have this? I have no idea why nothing is showing - the MMI screen itself has no problems displaying the playlist.

The media tab in my Virtual Cockpit never shows anything. The currently playing song title appears in the tab itself correctly, but the contents of the tab always say 'No entries to display' or some similar message. I have only once had it show the current 'playlist', but I'm not sure what was different on that occasion.

Does anyone else have this? I have no idea why nothing is showing - the MMI screen itself has no problems displaying the playlist.
I'll check mine on my drive home!

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Maybe I should give it some time then... though I'm sure I've already done that!

I love the VCP but it could integrate a little better with the MMI. Version 2 will no doubt wow us even more

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

There is a setting using the steering wheel, select to the right I believe, which you can enable detailed track information.. I think that will fix it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have that enabled but have tried toggling it before.

What source are you playing from at the time?

Mine's fine when playing from Jukebox or iPod, never tried looking when streaming to it.

I get this all the time in my S3. I have found that if you switch to radio and then back to media, the list is displayed and you can navigate and select tracks from the steering wheel controls.

I suspect it's a bug in the software as it happens every time i start the car.

Interested to see if others observe this behaviour as well.

For what it is worth, I got a lot more information on that tab when playing Spotify / media via Android Auto connnection, than my normal Bluetooth streaming.
I still see song info within the media tab on Bluetooth. Are you playing your own songs... and if so, are they tagged with the various properties which are then displayed?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

I'm playing from an SD card - and yes, they are all tagged properly, the MMI has no trouble displaying any of it

I get this all the time in my S3. I have found that if you switch to radio and then back to media, the list is displayed and you can navigate and select tracks from the steering wheel controls.

I suspect it's a bug in the software as it happens every time i start the car.

Interested to see if others observe this behaviour as well.

Interesting, I'll try that out later and see if I get the same

Have noticed the same on my car. I have an older iPod connected and rarely get the previous playlist or selected tracks to appear when the car is restarted. I usually have to go back into the media section on the MMI to get the list back.

I have an iPod Classic plugged in via the charging cable into the USB in the centre arm rest.
Don't have any problems with the playlist showing on the VC tab though.
The problem I do have is when one album finishes it jumps back to the first album in my collection alphabetically rather than the next in line.

Switching to radio and back to media (via the VC controls) worked for me today. I haven't tried using the MMI controls yet but imagine it would do the same (will try tomorrow).

Looks like it is a bug then.

I have an iPod Classic plugged in via the charging cable into the USB in the centre arm rest.
Don't have any problems with the playlist showing on the VC tab though.
The problem I do have is when one album finishes it jumps back to the first album in my collection alphabetically rather than the next in line.

Odd that I have the same iPod and USB plug setup and still get issues with the playlist not always coming up on the VC screen. I assume you are also using the white Apple cable that came with the iPod Classic?

Reactions: Audi Bairn
Odd that I have the same iPod and USB plug setup and still get issues with the playlist not always coming up on the VC screen. I assume you are also using the white Apple cable that came with the iPod Classic?

Yeah that's the one. My iPod must be about 6+ years old (if that makes any difference) as I got it for my A5 glovebox, had that 3 years then S5 2.5 years and now the S3 for 4 months. The issue I'm having drives me up the wall. I can park the car part the way through an album and when I get in next time it's back at the first album again. Wondering if there's a setting somewhere, as never had that problem in the previous two cars.

Same on mine, most music I've copied to the juke box hdd. Very hit and miss as to wether it works or not. Can sometimes work straight away and then a few minutes driving along, try to change track through the vc and it's gone again. MMI screen absolutely fine. Other times it doesn't work, then half an hour later starts working. Shows the current playing track no problem, it's just scrolling to select tracks in current playlist.

Anyone reported it to their dealer yet?

ea3cac84ebfb4606d4636bd515b98c4f.jpg

d9bf8b758b412c9f85b6cc39377b500e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk