ViseeO Tune2Air... Am I being thick?!

JimD89

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I bought a ViseeO Tune2Air from Amazon to connect my iPhone through bluetooth and stream music. It arrived today - great!

Now am I being thick or am I supposed to have a different type of plug in my glovebox? As my old iPod lead will connect to the socket no problem but this ViseeO thing won't! Am I just lining it up wrong or is this little adapter not actually for the pre-facelift A3's? If it's only for facelifts then I've just wasted a lot of money!

Please help me guys before I go insane - I've been out there in the cold trying to plug this thing in for what feels like hours!!

On my s3 8p I ordered the tune2air 3000 version and it plugs straight in

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do you have the ipod dock or the AMI dock in the glovebox

It would appear I have the iPod dock. I just assumed the AMI and iPod were the same thing. Is that a grave mistake on my part?

Hi mate - if you have the 30 pin iPod connection you need the WMA1000 - hard to find OR this (same thing different brand)

Amazon product

Amazon link not working :/ - Search WMA1000 will come up with BOVEE one

The later WMA3000 only works if you have the Audi AMI which only works if you have the facelift RNS-E and additional components :)

Reactions: -Ju-
Excellent, thank you!

I was sure there was something not quite right after about an hour of trying and failing to plug this thing in! I'll get it repackaged and sent back and order one of those instead. Have you used one of those? Are they any good?

I've got the WMA1000, works perfect with my 2007 S3, I'm able to change track etc from steering wheel. Only feature that is missing is that it comes up as the CD changer rather than showing any track info on the DIS or RNSE but I'm not too bothered about that. I've plugged mine directly into the 30 pin port without any extension cable, but I've stuck a piece of bluetack there to stop it wobbling about and fatiguing the connection.

Really easy to setup and use, sound quality is good for a quick plug and play solution

Reactions: JimD89