Voltage fault?

Brennan

Former Audi Driver
Reaction score
Guys noticed an issue with my car.

The inner part of my tail lights are very dull on passenger side. Left the sidelights on last night and noticed they go dimmer and brighter a bit on the passenger side.

On the same side at the front, my led DRL (SE) blinks and way earlier in the year I noticed the halogen headlight bulb getting brighter and dimmer just like the rear.

I'm starting to worry that it's some sort of voltage issue on the passenger side, I really hope it's not

Tapatalk won't load my pic

Last edited:
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1414182806666716

i wud take off the plug of the Back light unit,inspect that for corrosion mate,ive heard few drivers had a issue with that,the bulb holder is almost guaranteed to be corroded,take it off 1st thing,inspect clean/wd40........if its not bad u can save it.

Reactions: ruairi83
I remember there was an issue with the seals on the boot lid on early B8s an odd time my inner lights would have had condensation

That section of the lights are completely out now, got the tail light, fog light and reverse light warnings on the display.

Not happy as I know this is a design fault with the early b8s, the circuit in the tail light must be corroded with water, which the defective seals let in

got a full set for sale,unmarked,totally mint condition

Hmm lights are back on again but very dim as before. Not sure what's going on

Sounds like an earth fault. All the lights are liable to a have a common earth connection that carries more current than all the other connections so is likely to show an issue first.
It's not going to fix itself so I would investigate, otherwise you risk being pulled over by the police if one is following you at night and they have nothing else to do.