Votex Front Lip

B17AVM

The Whoa
Reaction score
Hi,

Hope you might be able to help me!

I brought a Votex front lip for my A3 ages ago, second hand. When I got it, I didnt get a fitting kit, not thinking anything of it, presuming I could I get from Audi later.

So I finally decided that I'll get the thing sprayed and fitted, but Audi wont supply me with a fitting kit. They say it comes part of a pair i.e. spoiler and fitting kit.

Anyone knw how to fit the front lip, is it just bonding?

Cheers
Bhav

Boydie said he just bonded his on!

Mine has 2 little bits which stick out on the inside on the side and apprently i need to drill into the bumper, put the bits that stick out into the holes in the bumper then there are a few screws and spacers which go underneath..

Mines brand new, boxed with fitting kit but I'm away at uni but home this weekend - i could poss get you the measuremeants of the screws and spacers needed if you want to wait that long - also have the fitting instructions (i cant remember if there was any bondo though but i could be wrong as i have the full kit in my bedroom but i can double check).

Or just do as boydie says - clean it, some bondo, fit it on (need 2/3) people to get it right and put masking tape on the bumper to hold it off for a good 24 hrs or so.

With regards to the bits which stick on the votex lip, i may smooth mine off as when i seel the car, I'll probs take the kit off to try and make some moneys back :D Got a feeling its audi trying to overcomplicate things as usual..

I bought a brand new one recently and it had no fitting kit, its just stuck on using a sealer, Sikkaflex or similar. Piece of **** to fit!

Just bond it on, put masking tape all over it and get a bracket made up for the under middle side of the votex lip - i will try get a pic of it tomorrow

Cheers guys - I thought it might be a bonding job, but theres some holes on the bottom/underneath of the spoiler so got me thinking.

Kaz - Could you drop us a line from the fitting kit if its got anything that might need something other then bonding?

TBH Im not too bothered if I put it on or not....looks good either way, plus im gonna lower it in summer anyway.

My car is lowered on coilovers with the lip attached and hasnt hit off the ground at all - see below:

IMG_3563.jpg

And a perfect example over a low kerb: (pre black grill)

RMSBBQ_42.jpg

DSC00455.jpg

Bit off topic, Boydie your car is STUNNING!! :hubbahubba:

Still slightly off topic... sorry

I have to say I have never been one for body kits etc, but after seeing a black A3 (twin grille) at Ultimate Dubs and Boydie's car above with the Votex kit, i really am considering this as a mod. I think it really suites the car.

Are the votex kits for the twin grille A3's as rare as rocking horse poo, like the kits for 9N polo, or are they reasonably easy to come by?

Cheers for the help/pics Boydie. Can you let me knw about that bracket thing?

Chill14 - Ive seen some of the Votex kits going on Ebay with Strattford Audi. Check them out on Ebay.

Bhav

They are very rare indeed.

Audi Stafford IIRC on here sell them - i did get a quote but it was for over £200.

I got the whole kit sitting in my bedroom waiting to be fitted.

There is a rear votex skirt on ebay atm - search votex audi and you should see it.

the 3 and 5 door ones are all diff.

The black one you saw sounds like V6Petes - did it have black bbs chs?

Still slightly off topic... sorry

I have to say I have never been one for body kits etc, but after seeing a black A3 (twin grille) at Ultimate Dubs and Boydie's car above with the Votex kit, i really am considering this as a mod. I think it really suites the car.

Are the votex kits for the twin grille A3's as rare as rocking horse poo, like the kits for 9N polo, or are they reasonably easy to come by?

i think boydie has got it just right front lip and side skirts the back votex spoiler looks horrible like some halfords kit lol id leeve it og or get s3 back spoiler that completes the look

Audi Stafford IIRC on here sell them - i did get a quote but it was for over £200.

There is a rear votex skirt on ebay atm - search votex audi and you should see it.

Thanks for the comments guys - the car has been a WIP for 2 years now and I still love it!

Really tempted to move and sell on but there is nothing out there for me at the minute that I can afford :(

So I am tempted now to go a bit futher with it and replace clutch, flywheel and order a miltek downpipe from Awesome!

Thanks for the info, i'll have a look at Stafford Audi as they're only up the road from me.

Not sure on the black A3, I have been trying to find a photo of it but I cannot seem to find one. It was inside by one of the tuning stands.

Here is the pic of the home made braket

Its just a piece of metal bent round at two right angles to fit the hole in the bumper and the splitter

I only have one of these just to lift the back of the splitter up as high it can go so it wont scuff - other than that, its just bonded on the whole way round

DSC00713.jpg

Cheers Boydie, might mock one up and get the sprayers to clamp it when they spray and fit the lip.

Im planning on getting the lip on before putting my LM Reps on :)

Hey Guys,

Are the Votex kit (front/side/rear) a part of the Audi OE range?
If so wow...

Its certainly Audi.
Some of the stuff is actually on the Audi website in "Accessories" on the right hand side....however it would be cheaper getting the equip off ebay, etc.

I was thinking of purchasing either the
Votex kit (minus the rear skirt)
ecstuning sells them, price seems reasonable too.

or the..
OSIR kit (****** expensive thou)

osir usa im sure is alot cheaper and get it shipped in osir uk is a joke the prices are poo

ecstuning is selling the 5-peice votex kit (front/rear/side/roof) for $439USD *edit* price change, and the kit is now double what it use to be :(
OSIR front lip is $400usd

or am i looking at the wrong kit?

What have you guys got against the rear skirt - I love it!

616660-3.jpg

With the right exhaust, smooth rear and the black matt vinyl in it, looks awesome imo

Cant wait to get mine on!

Not sure on the black A3, I have been trying to find a photo of it but I cannot seem to find one. It was inside by one of the tuning stands.

Yeah that was mine. Unfortuantely not got any decent pics of the car otherwise would post them up.

What have you guys got against the rear skirt - I love it!

With the right exhaust, smooth rear and the black matt vinyl in it, looks awesome imo

Cant wait to get mine on!

Agreed, definitely works better on some colour cars than others. I like it on my black car, but I saw a silver car for sale with the kit on and didn't like it at all.