Votex Lower Fitment!

Just realised your car is black, Paul so no need to paint.
Anyway here's a pic of my one fitted.

Last edited by a moderator:
It will definitely sit flush going on without removing the old one.
why turn a quick simple job into a longer job when the result will be the same?
the hardest part is you have to pull it really hard to get it on and probably hurt your fingers doing so.
i forget whether or not you have to remove screws from the old bumper by the wheel arches and inside the old grills beforehand but
from what I remember.
step 1: remove old grills.
step 2: apply tiger seal.
step 3: fit new bumper.
step 4:apply masking tape at corners (see image above)
step 5: screw it on at wheel archs and at spaces for grills.
step 6: paint the parts of the old bumper that can be seen black.
step 7: attach new grills:
step 8: stand back and admire the brilliant job you have done.
brilliant you been a big help and its appreciated

you had experianve with this. the pictures above look fine

I was just saying as I fitted it by removing the old lower, but looking at the above pics, which I couldnt see yesterday it looks just fine.
I might have done it wrong by taking off the lower, but thats what I thought had to de done.
I'm sure it will look great anyway!

Just be wary of scraping it, I caught the bottom of mine a couple times, yours is a fair bit lower than mines which was on the standard sport suspension.

Does anyone by any chance have the part numbers for the lower votex grilles?

Thanks!

Here's the part numbers:

N/S Grill: 8E0 071 612 L041

O/S Grill: 8E0 071 612 R041

Centre Grill: 8E0 071 612 M041

I think there about £60 each plus vat

But here's some links to them available cheaper off ebay:

N/S

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/AUDI-A4-BUMPER-GRILLE-/221178334105?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&fits=Model%3AA4%7CPlat_Gen%3A8E2%2CB6&hash=item337f418b99

O/S

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/AUDI-A4-BUMPER-GRILLE-/221178333619?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&fits=Model%3AA4%7CPlat_Gen%3A8E2%2CB6&hash=item337f4189b3

Centre

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/AUDI-A4-BUMPER-GRILLE-/221177655815?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&fits=Model%3AA4%7CPlat_Gen%3A8E2%2CB6&hash=item337f373207

Well they look very much like Genuine to me all the details are the same the way they use the mesh to hold into the bumper even on the outer rim at the top of the grills there is cut outs that the genuine clips secure the grills to the bumper and there also brand new so really makes no sense to spend more than you have to to buy the same product and Im sure delivery can be combined so maybe get them all for £135 delivered to your door instead of £180 and you then need to collect from your nearest dealer.

If these were blatant copies I'd say go genuine but the look like the real deal to me.

Well they look very much like Genuine to me all the details are the same the way they use the mesh to hold into the bumper even on the outer rim at the top of the grills there is cut outs that the genuine clips secure the grills to the bumper and there also brand new so really makes no sense to spend more than you have to to buy the same product and Im sure delivery can be combined so maybe get them all for £135 delivered to your door instead of £180 and you then need to collect from your nearest dealer.

If these were blatant copies I'd say go genuine but the look like the real deal to me.

Many thanks for the links - godsend!
I ordered the lot! - I will let you know if they are genuine or not.

never said they where copies

Out of interest why would you prefer to to pay £45-£55 more than you need to for the exact same product which also has the added advantage of it delivered straight to your door too?

Ill let you know if they are genuine or not. Personally I have never seen any copies available on bodykit websites.etc

Even if they are, they will be alot better than what mine look like at the minute!

There was a company called (I think) Autobahn Styling in ireland who used to sell Votex replicas, I think they've folded now though.

There was a company called (I think) Autobahn Styling in ireland who used to sell Votex replicas, I think they've folded now though.

Hah, ha ha.... The company I purchased the grilles from on ebay where called autobahn styling...... in Ireland.
Guess they may be replicas then!... ah well, if they fit and look the same, who cares.

Lol, sorry .....

To be fair I'm guessing they're replica's going on the (at the time) cheap price, but they might be a cheap source of genuine parts I don't know.