VW also removing 'packs' from Cars

Mike.46

Reaction score
I was pi**ed off with RS3 the other night so specced a Golf R (which I had done a few times pre RS3) one of my 'must haves' would be the 'Performance pack' it consisted of (IIRC) 19 inch Estoril wheels. larger rear spoiler, 'Nurburgring' mode, drift mode and top speed limiter removal, but now not available anymore :(
So, RS3 it is then for a while :tearsofjoy:

Reactions: 8YARWY
I was pi**ed off with RS3 the other night so specced a Golf R (which I had done a few times pre RS3) one of my 'must haves' would be the 'Performance pack' it consisted of (IIRC) 19 inch Estoril wheels. larger rear spoiler, 'Nurburgring' mode, drift mode and top speed limiter removal, but now not available anymore :(

I’d seen mention of it on VWR forum.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah l noticed this as well but I'll wait for the facelift GR8 why? hopefully they'll add the 12-3 binnacle and remove all the electronic Gremlins that have plagued all the cars especially the first off the production line my colleague has a 70 plate GTI and it's been at the dealers 8 times in the last year for faults the latest fault on his car is the steering wheel... which now needs replacing @£1000 plus labour good job it's still under warranty

Reactions: Mr Freeze, Mike.46 and 8YARWY
Yeah l noticed this as well but I'll wait for the facelift GR8 why? hopefully they'll add the 12-3 binnacle and remove all the electronic Gremlins that have plagued all the cars especially the first off the production line my colleague has a 70 plate GTI and it's been at the dealers 8 times in the last year for faults the latest fault on his car is the steering wheel... which now needs replacing @£1000 plus labour good job it's still under warranty

I still have the CS itch lol

Reactions: Mr Freeze and Jassyo06
Akrapovic and extended rear spoiler are a must have on the performance Golf's l saw a brand new G45 Ed...it was parked next to me actually it very nice indeed with 2 tone leather interior... another must have

Reactions: FBF01, Mr Freeze, Mike.46 and 1 other person
Akrapovic and extended rear spoiler are a must have on the performance Golf's l saw a brand new G45 Ed...it was parked next to me actually it very nice indeed with 2 tone leather interior... another must have

Clubsport does look a very smart car.

Akra and extended rear spoiler do make it too.

Leather option is very rare though as most spec Art velours seats.

Reactions: Mr Freeze and Jassyo06
The std seats were another thing that put me off (not a big leather fan) but the std blue strippy things are straight out of 70's Fiesta, funny thing is once you spec a Golf R the same as a Vorsprung the cost is close to mid £50k

Reactions: Jassyo06
The std seats were another thing that put me off (not a big leather fan) but the std blue strippy things are straight out of 70's Fiesta, funny thing is once you spec a Golf R the same as a Vorsprung the cost is close to mid £50k

I prefer these though

6d273be9085ab8aec7453fcf212f94f1.jpg

Reactions: Jassyo06, Mr Freeze, AndyVWR and 1 other person
Buy you can get a reasonable discount off one and on the drivethedeal website the Performance pack is still available to option

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220810-105322_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220810-105322_Chrome.jpg
    339.1 KB · Views: 62
  • Screenshot_20220810-102518_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220810-102518_Chrome.jpg
    663.1 KB · Views: 63
Reactions: Mr Freeze
Clubsport does look a very smart car.

Akra and extended rear spoiler do make it too.

Leather option is very rare though as most spec Art velours seats.

I like sliding my Ar$e onto a seat lol

A Vorsprung Sportback must be £63k is it not compared to £49k plus on a pcp if chosen the APR is 4-9%

Brave man posting about switching to a Golf R on here............ get yer flame suit on........

Reactions: Jassyo06 and Mr Freeze
Brave man posting about switching to a Golf R on here............ get yer flame suit on........
To be honest I think the Golf drives better than the RS3, all from memory of course, Hamza compared the two and said the RS3 felt like it had too much caffeine, which is a good analagy, the RS3 does feel like its edgy when pushed whereas the Golf felt like it was egging me on,

Golf also pops and bangs like a good en! makes me woder sometimes if Audi have gone all soft with their RS line up? ''Lets build a super quiet RS3 with a bit of edgy handling so most owners potter around quietly''

Problem with the Golf is the 'assistance' (ESC TC etc) seems to come in so very early that you need to turn ESC to Sport or Off every time you get a little carried away and then of course your into VW Golfs absolute sh*te MMI sweepin and selecting screens to do what the RS3 does with a simple button press, plus all those Gremlins they seem to have built into the system as well, then add the blue deckchair seats and all of a sudden i'm back on the RS3 bus :)

To be honest I think the Golf drives better than the RS3, all from memory of course, Hamza compared the two and said the RS3 felt like it had too much caffeine, which is a good analagy, the RS3 does feel like its edgy when pushed whereas the Golf felt like it was egging me on,

Golf also pops and bangs like a good en! makes me woder sometimes if Audi have gone all soft with their RS line up? ''Lets build a super quiet RS3 with a bit of edgy handling so most owners potter around quietly''

Problem with the Golf is the 'assistance' (ESC TC etc) seems to come in so very early that you need to turn ESC to Sport or Off every time you get a little carried away and then of course your into VW Golfs absolute sh*te MMI sweepin and selecting screens to do what the RS3 does with a simple button press, plus all those Gremlins they seem to have built into the system as well, then add the blue deckchair seats and all of a sudden i'm back on the RS3 bus :)
As the 2 cars stand right now both are far from perfect and both need superficially tweaked l read/watched a review on chasing cars as they claimed the 5 cylinder has already been altered for the EU 7 emissions regulations maybe that's reason its sounds pants

Reactions: Mike.46
As the 2 cars stand right now both are far from perfect and both need superficially tweaked l read/watched a review on chasing cars as they claimed the 5 cylinder has already been altered for the EU 7 emissions regulations maybe that's reason its sounds pants
Now thats interesting...I was working on basis they would run RS3 up to the line (for EU7 compliance) and then....No more RS3 with 2.5 litre

@Mike.46 There may be a reason behind the sudden absence of Performance Pack. On the VWROC site some were saying the in some countries say germany or Italy. VW have introduced a separate R Performance variant with 333PS. So you get your 19" Estoril wheels, large rear spoiler and extra power.
(This is separate from the R 20 Years special Edition which is also been announced)

Reactions: Mike.46
6.6% now VW and Audi are 7.9% according to DTD .
It was 4'9% the other day when i looked ...revisited the page right now and your right but the interest rate are now highlighted in bold font...wasn't like this initially
Folks won't buy cars at these rates it's getting worse by the day......

Last edited:
Reactions: Mr Freeze
Chips or no chips, packs/trims have made speccing cars a nightmare.

E.g. my ideal spec would've been Vorsprung, less pano roof (to allow roof rails) and with the flat bottom wheel.
So then I looked at carbon, but didn't like the matte wheels, plus roof rails & spoiler looks a bit odd IMO (makes it look like a 1970s luggage holder) and a spoiler on a family hatch doesn't sit well with me.
So that's why I 'settled' on standard spec with the sports exhaust and comfort and sound.
I don't know of many other sectors where the customer can't have what they want. Always a compromise somewhere.
Bring back good old tick lists for any options!

Reactions: Terminator x, Southall87, Mr Freeze and 3 others

E.g. my ideal spec would've been Vorsprung, less pano roof (to allow roof rails) and with the flat bottom wheel.
So then I looked at carbon, but didn't like the matte wheels, plus roof rails & spoiler looks a bit odd IMO (makes it look like a 1970s luggage holder) and a spoiler on a family hatch doesn't sit well with me.
So that's why I 'settled' on standard spec with the sports exhaust and comfort and sound.
I don't know of many other sectors where the customer can't have what they want. Always a compromise somewhere.
That would be too much like common sense ;)

'Launch' spec would have been close to my ideal car, I didnt like the carbon's rear spoiler and a while back carbon mirrors where being stolen, I'm not overly fussed with the Vorsprungs round wheel or stickers on the road wheels

Reactions: cooperp, Mr Freeze, RS03??? and 2 others
Another thing, if they'd added the removal of top speed limiter for 300 to 500 or so, I bet loads of people would've ticked that, purely for pub and forum banter. Money for nothing IMO as it's only software.

It was 4'9% the other day when i looked ...revisited the page right now and your right but the interest rate are now highlighted in bold font...wasn't like this initially
Folks won't buy cars at these rates it's getting worse by the day......
I personally wouldn't buy at Audi's APR rate its a joke .

I bet nobody can explain why many options that are being removed by manufacturers can be retro-fitted by after-market manufacturers. You can't tell me they use different 'chips'....... Are the manufacturers recovering their lost covid-revenue, blaming supply but profiting from increasing demand ? Just a thought. A recession is coming, the options will reappear I am sure !

Reactions: RS03???

Like that in the UK only too as other countries can choose what they want!

TX.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Mastachaz
Now thats interesting...I was working on basis they would run RS3 up to the line (for EU7 compliance) and then....No more RS3 with 2.5 litre
As they've said the 5 cylinder can comply with the new regs

Reactions: AndyVWR
Like that in the UK only too as other countries can choose what they want!

TX.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk
It is a mystery as to why the optional extras cannot be chosen in the UK especially it being a smaller market for the RS3 8Y than a lot of other countries

It is a mystery as to why the optional extras cannot be chosen in the UK especially it being a smaller market for the RS3 8Y than a lot of other countries
I think its the PCP obsession and trying to get good residuals on the cars with a set spec (and limited options). I saw a little Audi UK video on launch of S3 and they touched on the Vorsprung model......did she marvel at the alloy wheel choice, did she marvel at the pan roof, the other standard fitted options no. All she could say was its RV (Residual Value) enhancing and maintaining as much as 40% of the initial cost....

Well thanks for the review and the spec update on that model, then.

I think its the PCP obsession and trying to get good residuals on the cars with a set spec (and limited options). I saw a little Audi UK video on launch of S3 and they touched on the Vorsprung model......did she marvel at the alloy wheel choice, did she marvel at the pan roof, the other standard fitted options no. All she could say was its RV (Residual Value) enhancing and maintaining as much as 40% of the initial cost....

Some people are spec mad. Gotta be this gotta be that.

Yeah l seen that promo awhile back hilarious it was...

Reactions: AndyVWR
Some people are spec mad. Gotta be this gotta be that.

Sums me up quite well lol though l drew the line with ceramic anchors
But then again all RS3 8Y's arw all identical Bar the paint colour

Last edited:
Reactions: 8YARWY