VW caddy limiter

Blackie

Reaction score
Website
www.desmocorse.net
Hi all.
Not Audi related I know but I'm trying to help a friend out.
His ex gas caddy is limited to 120 kph but I've tried increasing it in engine channel 14 with code 12233 with no luck
It will let me decrease bit not increase.
Now this is not channel 8 which is a lower only bit 14
I assume it's something simple like the wrong code to access.
If someone could help I'd appreciate
Cheers

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Hello pal, I know nothing about the caddy or speed limiters, a quick Google and according to this, it can only go down!!!

http://forums.ross-tech.com/showthread.php?2353-Static-maximum-speed-limit

The user went to dealer and they just reflagged the ecu to stock to get rid of the limiter. There is some other things you can try in that thread, but a trip to the dealer might be tbe easiest thing.

Cheers Matt. I understood this was the main speed setting and not the channel 14.
I could be wrong of course but will give someone a ring tomorrow. Thought perhaps a different code would allow me access to alter it

So just to go through again though, as I'm a bit confused. You mentioned channel 14, but now say it is the main speed setting. So channel 18 is the speed limiter it says (on a page linked below). I'm not sure what channel 14 is, never plugged into a caddy, however;

You click engine, then security access and enter the 12233 then the adaption channel and then try to change it?

Reading on this page http://www.ross-tech.com/vag-com/cars/tdi.html they say it is channel 18 and do not change it. If you change it there is no way of changing back, don't email text or call them lol.

Hi Matt. Yes I'll try again. I'm pretty sure the caddy main speed setting is channel 8 and that is already set at 190kph. When you do indeed hover over the box to alter it a vcds warning box comes up to tell you if you do it it cannot be changed. However if I carry on to channel 14 there is a customer speed setting which has been changed to 120kph. Which rings true with the limiter on the van. If I try to alter this back to 190 it won't let me but will in fact let me go lower and the the save button is not shaded. There is no warning to say this cannot be put back so I was assuming rightly or wrongly that a different code will allow me to put this back to 190.
Cheers