Wait for build week

iambaz

Reaction score
I ordered an s3 saloon with a leasing company in late May. I got a provisional delivery date of mid to late august which I though sounded fair enough. I've just had an email from the lease company to say that they're still waiting for a build week allocation.

Does this seem like an excessively long wait just for a build week? Are these always allocated weeks after the order?

Thanks

Have you got a order number?
If so phone audi customer service and ask them?

My lease company gave me build week after 2 weeks

I haven't got an Audi order number. Will ask them for it.

So how much after receiving it was the actual build week for your car?

I haven't got an Audi order number. Will ask them for it.

So how much after receiving it was the actual build week for your car?

Order went through on 13th april which was week 16.
They gave me build week 26, commencing june 22nd.

It got moved to week 25. So 15th june.

So 9 weeks from order to build. Some get more some get less depending on dealer allocation etc

i'm in the same boat with fleetprices.co.uk I ordered in march for first week in september. They did tell me at one point that it had a provisional build week in august but since then they've said they are waiting on a confirmed build week. They've also let me alter the spec slightly. I'm not too worried as they've supplied our new Touareg (coming in 3 weeks). I'll start chasing properly next month. My plan is to tell them i'll settle for an off the shelf RS3 if it's not going to arrive on time. Frustrating that the brokers won't tell you who the supplying dealer is as i'm sure they'd happily give the audi build number so it could be tracked. To the broker it's just another car.

What have you ordered? S3 Saloon also? It's fleetprices.co.uk who I've ordered with too. They have provided me with the Audi order number now though, which I've run through the Audi order tracker and it corroborates what they've told me so I'm not too concerned about them - they've been pretty good to deal with so far and the price/rental was cheaper than anything else I could find.

Just expected a provisional build week a lot quicker from Audi I guess.

What have you ordered? S3 Saloon also? It's fleetprices.co.uk who I've ordered with too. They have provided me with the Audi order number now though, which I've run through the Audi order tracker and it corroborates what they've told me so I'm not too concerned about them - they've been pretty good to deal with so far and the price/rental was cheaper than anything else I could find.

Just expected a provisional build week a lot quicker from Audi I guess.

I've just emailed to ask for the Audi order number since you have it. I'll let you know if the supply it (not sure what to do with it once/if i've got it mind).

I've been leasing for years from various places - Ling, VW directly etc - we went with these guys as their Touareg quote was under what VW quoted me directly, even with a generous 'loyalty bonus' chucked in by VW. To be fair, the Touareg is standard R spec (it has pretty much everything). We said we needed it by late July. It's now sat at the dealer with the wifes private plate on it waiting for delivery and they're quite laid back about it - no pushing to have it sooner.
The Audi deal was very good - I just have some jitters as it's got options and you've only got to read several threads on here to see how the spec can go wrong. Not being able to check it directly has me slightly concerned.

As a heads up, when it is finally ready and they send all the final docs through for completion and paying your deposit (3/6/9 months?), the amount they ask for will be slightly UNDER what you were expecting. The Touareg is on a 3+35 and the '3' they asked for didn't seem enough - we queried it and they said 'we make a contribution to your deposit'. Was a nice surprise! I hope it's the same with our Audi's!

Mine's an S3 Sportback - Sepang Blue, comfort pack, SD sat nav, interior light pack, folding mirrors, front and rear parking sensors with display, lunar silver leather with black headliner. And other stuff i've no doubt forgotten! Dealt with Leo who has been VERY patient and helpful!

When you get your order number, sign up here:
https://www.audi.co.uk/content/audi/youraudi/youraudi-login.html#/learnmore/landing

It asks for your postcode - I used my home postcode and it was accepted.

Your spec sounds very similar to mine except for the sportback bit.

Thanks for the heads up - first time I've ever leased so all a bit new to me. I dealt with a girl called Elena I think - she's been friendly and helpful. Assuming the car is delivered with the correct spec and there are no hidden payment surprises - then I'll be very happy with their side of things.

Hmmm. They've sent the order number - 8 digits beginning with a 2 - but no joy using my postcode. Just says it cant find it.

6/7 weeks in and I still haven't had a build week - have you had yours yet jimowl?

Hmmm. They've sent the order number - 8 digits beginning with a 2 - but no joy using my postcode. Just says it cant find it.
That sounds about right. Mine is an 8 digit number commencing with a 2.

Nope! Mines a giant balls up it seems. It's not even on tracker. See my new thread "forgotten lease order".

Ok, finally have an update from the Audi database which is now saying:

"Your S3 Saloon will begin construction on 21st September 2015"

Assuming this is accurate, does anyone have any idea of how long this process will take and when I could expect the car?

Well, I ordered mine in March and still nothing. Audi customer services have admitted its due to a backlog in their system.

I have to say, Audi, this sucks. Ordered in March and you've not even managed to get it into the system yet?

But meanwhile people have ordered since then and are already in their car!

And this isn't a dig at you iambaz but how come yours (from the same dealer) has now gone ahead of mine?

Grrrrrrrr

I understand the frustration mate - mine is a saloon which I think is a different factory which probably means they're on different order books, but 3/4 months without even a build date is **** poor.

My provisional delivery date was August - I guess I'm looking at early October now, but just having a rough idea on paper is better than being in limbo like yourself.

Well, still nowt on myaudi but I have a provisional build week of................week 50. Ordered March. Delivered January. Utter toss from Audi.

Possible switch to a saloon which will be here much sooner. Problems:

1. It's white
2. It's 550 per month. I can get into an RS3 in Nardo with my spec for that. Granted in the same timeframe as my S3 order.
3. Unsure on exact spec/delivery atm.

Question: has anyone else had to wait 10 months from order to delivery?

Trying to sort a demo loan to use whilst waiting but I'll not hold my breath.

Meanwhile, VW asking if I want a golf R so much spec to add though.