Waiting for build week 8 delivery

PDA3

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Has anyone received theirs yet? The wait is killing me and the other half is fed up of my forum stalking!

There was a huge backlog of cars destined to UK around the 1st March delivery - mine was week 6, and it was only delivered to my dealer on Monday.

I think that an angry Mrs is a common condition, I can see that you were forced to underline the fact that she's more precious than A3 with your profile picture ;)

That's not good news!

Haha the pic is because I signed up through Facebook, please don't think I submitted it especially ;)

Reactions: warren_S5
I think that you have a fair chance of your car arriving at the dealer next week ;)

Mine was build week 8 and my dealer is fairly confident delivery will b next week... The last bit of the wait is definitely the worst although it's gone quite quick since I ordered 1st Nov...

We were told last Thursday that it would be 10 days. So sometime next week. Doesn't matter - we are not collecting until the end of the month. The dealer wants the car registered in March for sales figures. Dealer is going to tax the car for a year and a week. Though as my wife pointed out, it is only £20 a year road tax. So that will save her the grand total of £1.66. Our reason for waiting is that the time changes at the end of March. Also less chance of black ice. The current car has winter tyres which are a bit better on ice.

Had a call this morning to say my week 8 is on the ship heading this way so thinking a couple of week max?

Now starting to doubt my spec and with Id found the extra cash for Alacantra, hill assist and high beam grrr!

Hmmmm... we were told our week 8 was in the UK.

Know what you mean about the spec. At some point you just have to say feck it - that will do ok. Besides I don't think my wife is really that bothered. I didn't spec the shiny bits (chrome) around the windows on the SE. Have convinced my wife it will make her car stand out from all the others lol.

We were told last Thursday that it would be 10 days. So sometime next week. Doesn't matter - we are not collecting until the end of the month. The dealer wants the car registered in March for sales figures. Dealer is going to tax the car for a year and a week. Though as my wife pointed out, it is only £20 a year road tax. So that will save her the grand total of £1.66. Our reason for waiting is that the time changes at the end of March. Also less chance of black ice. The current car has winter tyres which are a bit better on ice.

Dealers are allowed to register a car up to a week early at no extra cost so that every thing doesn't have to be done just before collection.

my S3 SB was build week 8 and it arrived at the dealership yesterday. I will pick it up on Sat morning. Cant wait

Reactions: JT-007
Where are your dealers guys? I'm still waiting to hear from my dealer about my BW8 car - they say they have no info on whereabouts of the car - last known still at Emden... I'm in SW Wales.

Totally agreed, the waiting seems to be getting worse by the day!!

Would be useful to know which port your cars are coming into (especially those with week 8 already at the dealers). Mine was build week 7, and last I heard (Mon morning) it was still in Emden awaiting shipping to Sheerness. If anyone has a week 8 car that's been shipped via Sheerness, it'll give me some ammo to go and complain to the dealer with :)

Ours is coming from Preston Audi who have been great, phone call every week with update on progress. Still looks on track for mid March delivery which was discussed at time of order.

Where are your dealers guys? I'm still waiting to hear from my dealer about my BW8 car - they say they have no info on whereabouts of the car - last known still at Emden... I'm in SW Wales.

Hi Pembs.

I had a similar problem, with the sales rep being a little vague / not being able to login / not being able to tell from the system what's happening with my order / not calling back etc...

I have been calling Audi customer services with my order number directly since then. Unsurprisingly, they seem to have all the info to hand every time I have called. They even returned my call the following Monday after the Friday before on one occasion (Sales dept was shut). Great experience from them so far.

ACS - 0800 699 888

Cheers.

Yep my car was at the dealership on Tuesday, it was in Emden on the 21-02-14 and the car was a wk 8 build.
Totally agreed, the waiting seems to be getting worse by the day!!

Would be useful to know which port your cars are coming into (especially those with week 8 already at the dealers). Mine was build week 7, and last I heard (Mon morning) it was still in Emden awaiting shipping to Sheerness. If anyone has a week 8 car that's been shipped via Sheerness, it'll give me some ammo to go and complain to the dealer with :)

Yep it came through sheerness and delivered to Bury St Edmunds Audi. get into there ribs Gazzz

That's quite unusual. Most cars for this area (I'm in St Neots Cambridgeshire) come in through Grimsby.

I'm buying mine through Huntingdon Audi and my Vehicle Details sheet shows it coming through Grimsby.

When I drove the 184 stronic quattro demonstrator, Huntingdon borrowed it from Bury St Edmunds. Mark Dockerill who is the Head of Business at Bury St Edmunds used to be the Sales Manager at Huntingdon, hence the good relationship between the two dealers.

Reactions: warren_S5
Yep it came through sheerness and delivered to Bury St Edmunds Audi. get into there ribs Gazzz

Just spoken with salesman and apparently it's now on a ship, so progress, although I am questioning what's taken so long!

Hi all - just picked up your replies... Very interesting... Think I will call Audi Customer Service tomorrow. I suspect my dealer might be being deliberately vague. My last 8P was delivered damaged and I kicked up and eventually rejected the car for a full refund. I wonder if they want to get the car, check it, AND CORRECT ANY PROBS before telling me that's it's been delivered. I'm perhaps being overly suspicious but after the dreadful experience last time I won't take any chances... Thank you very much for the info...

FYI for all those with a week 8 build and possibly week 9? (which is me). MY African Highway has just arrived to Emden due to depart late this evening to the port of sheerness for southern dealers. Will week 9 make it onboard?

FYI for all those with a week 8 build and possibly week 9? (which is me). MY African Highway has just arrived to Emden due to depart late this evening to the port of sheerness for southern dealers. Will week 9 make it onboard?

Viking Constanza is already half way to Sheerness - I suspect this is the one my car (week 7) is on, as African Highway wasn't even docked when I was told mine was on the ship (unless their system thinks it's "on the ship" as it's sitting port side ready to load?).

perhaps yours is on Viking Constanza then, do you think build week 9 will make it onto african highway?

perhaps yours is on Viking Constanza then, do you think build week 9 will make it onto african highway?

I've given up trying to work out their shipping system!! From what I can make out there's 2-3 sailings to Sheerness per week, but in addition they sometimes stop one of the long distance ships at Sheerness, presumably to drop some cars off. It does seem like it goes in waves though. For example, you'll get a few ships going to Sheerness, then you'll get quite a few going to Grimsby for a few days, and so on. There doesn't seem to be much logic behind which cars waiting at Emden get put on a given ship though. I did read ages ago that the shipping company have to ship within 2 weeks of it arriving an Emden, but that may just be internet rumour!

So which port supplies South Wales?.. I assumed Sheerness but my dealer reckoned Grimsby but "couldn't check"...

So which port supplies South Wales?.. I assumed Sheerness but my dealer reckoned Grimsby but "couldn't check"...

I have a screenshot of the system they use and it clearly states which port the car is coming into, so I'm not sure why your dealer would say that? I've just checked, and it's directly below the order status code! It also seems very odd that they wouldn't just know that info, unless maybe they're borderline distance wise, so can receive cars into both ports?

Hopefully :)
I've given up trying to work out their shipping system!! From what I can make out there's 2-3 sailings to Sheerness per week, but in addition they sometimes stop one of the long distance ships at Sheerness, presumably to drop some cars off. It does seem like it goes in waves though. For example, you'll get a few ships going to Sheerness, then you'll get quite a few going to Grimsby for a few days, and so on. There doesn't seem to be much logic behind which cars waiting at Emden get put on a given ship though. I did read ages ago that the shipping company have to ship within 2 weeks of it arriving an Emden, but that may just be internet rumour!
FWIW ACS told me yesterday that they have 3 ships which serve Sheerness (perhaps someone knows the name of the 3rd?). The cars are also moved in sequence as a priority (first in first out). They did say there was a bit of a backlog due to the time of year too.

Cheers.

Last edited:
The ships used between Enden and the three UK ports of Sheerness, Grimsby and Tyne are:
Schelde Highway
Wasser Highway
EMS Highway
Isar Highway
Neckar Highway
Main Highway
Danube Highway
Elbe Highway
Seine Highway
Thames Highway
Viking Constanz
Viking Odessa
African Highway
City of Paris
City of Rome
City of Sunderland
Planet Ace

The two Viking ships and African Highway tend to be the ones used for Sheerness
The other 'Highway' ships are generally used for Grimsby
The City and Planet Ace usually go to Tyne.

Grimsby tends to have more visits than the other two often at least one ship every day and sometimes two.

The website Live Ships Map - AIS - Vessel Traffic and Positions - AIS Marine Traffic will give the details of the ships leaving Emden and which UK port they are heading for.

Reactions: w.h.i.p.p.e.t
So which port supplies South Wales?.. ...

Well over on my side of the Pacific Ocean we reckon you guys have it luuucky. Mine was week 6 build and is somewhere on boat on the wrong side of the Panama Canal.

We want to know which port supplies New South Wales.

It is great reading so much helpful information, and good to see that significant others are the same around the world

Thanks Dave.

Did you post this up before on another thread? I've just been looking for it, so you've saved me the bother now :)

So it looks like it takes about two days to load the boat, 1 day to sail to Sheerness and 1 day to unload. So African Highway should be back in Sheerness on Saturday. Constanza got/gets in today.

Any idea why the boats arrive and then depart again shortly after just to come back later the same day? Are they waiting for a dock perhaps??

Cheers.

Last edited:
Any idea why the boats arrive and then depart again shortly after just to come back later the same day? Are they waiting for a dock perhaps??

I think it's just where they stop in the port area waiting for the tugs, but the tracking system assumes because it's not moving that it's actually docked. Then when the tugs arrive and actually move it into place, it thinks it's another journey

Just phoned Audi Customer Services. Very helpful and they confirm my car is in the UK and in the transporter delivery system. Should be at the dealer by Wednesday next week latest.

Reactions: w.h.i.p.p.e.t
I think it's just where they stop in the port area waiting for the tugs, but the tracking system assumes because it's not moving that it's actually docked. Then when the tugs arrive and actually move it into place, it thinks it's another journey

When I watched the ships arriving at Grimsby they don't use any tugs. The ships themselves are very manoeuvrable at just ease they own way up to the landing area. May be different at Sheerness but the 'no tugs required' system allows for a quick turnaround. No tugs are used at Emden either.

Well, now you say that, from looking at the website, the fact that ships don't appear to do the same hokey-cokey at Emden that happens at Sheerness, would seem to back up Gazzz's thinking.

I was build week 8 too! My dealer told me on monday its awaiting shipping at emden. Should be in the Uk by now?