Waiting for build week 8 delivery

I watched the tugs go out the ship that was carrying my car into Sheerness on marinetraffic...

I watched the tugs go out the ship that was carrying my car into Sheerness on marinetraffic...

Ah so it seems that Sheerness needs tugs to get the ship into position. Grimsby didn't in the 'old' unloading area but I don't know about the new Grimsby River Terminal which has recently opened which can take the much larger car carriers. There is one due in to Grimsby this evening so I will keep an eye on it to see what happens.

The one due in this evening (20:08) is the Schelde Highway which is one of the smaller ships (99.9m x 20.5m) so it may well go into the enclosed Alexandra Dock and not needs tugs. But tomorrow evening the African Highway which is much larger (155m x 27m) is due in so that may well dock at the newer River Terminal as I don't think it would be able to get into the enclosed dock area.

Last edited:
Reactions: w.h.i.p.p.e.t
It seems Emden (the ship, not the port) is leaving Emden (the port, not the ship) shortly for Sheerness for those who are waiting

Reactions: JohnM100
It seems Emden (the ship, not the port) is leaving Emden (the port, not the ship) shortly for Sheerness for those who are waiting

When Schelde Highway arrived at Grimsby this evening it went straight into the inner Alexandra dock rather than using the new River Terminal. No tugs were used and it went through the lock between the Tidal Basic and the inner docks. This does mean that when the cars are unloaded they have far less distance to drive to the Volkswagen Group holding area.

It will be interesting to see what happens tomorrow evening when the much larger African Highway arrives.

When Schelde Highway arrived at Grimsby this evening it went straight into the inner Alexandra dock rather than using the new River Terminal. No tugs were used and it went through the lock between the Tidal Basic and the inner docks. This does mean that when the cars are unloaded they have far less distance to drive to the Volkswagen Group holding area.

It will be interesting to see what happens tomorrow evening when the much larger African Highway arrives.

Do you think week 9 would have made it onboard?

Mine is bw8, apparently its built and awaiting shipping to the dock. That was on monday, not sure where it is now but have been told to expect it this month

Have been told by my dealer today that my car is locked in for build next week 10th March. Things are moving forward, and delivery getting a little nearer. Hope the addition of the Panoramic Sun roof does not come back to haunt me later on.

d8ean - mine was awaiting shipment the week before yours and it arrive at the uk port on Friday

The larger African Highway did docked at the new Grimsby River Terminal. Isar Highway went into the inner dock, the same as the ships of this size has always done. This now means that even more cars can be brought into Grimsby.

My car was built Week 10 (last week) - dealer is maintaining his view that I will take delivery "mid-March". Is this realistic, given the build up of cars, waiting to be transported to dealers, before and after 1st March?

I haven't had the wait some of you guys have had as I got a cancellation - god knows though it's bad enough waiting for three weeks so far!

My car was built Week 10 (last week) - dealer is maintaining his view that I will take delivery "mid-March". Is this realistic, given the build up of cars, waiting to be transported to dealers, before and after 1st March?

I haven't had the wait some of you guys have had as I got a cancellation - god knows though it's bad enough waiting for three weeks so far!

Audi CS confirmed my car was in build last week (10), and they estimated it would be approx 3 weeks for delivery to dealer, so I'm estimating end of March, beginning of April. Realistically, I don't think mid-March is possible for your car.

Cheers Allan, I thought as much - it will be interesting to see who get's their car first :drool:

I am based near York

I'm near Southampton, but getting the car through Harold Wood Audi, Essex, as they gave a FAR better deal than the tight sods at Southampton Audi!!

Mine is finally at the dealer, tomorrow it will get PDI and Wednesday is E-day (exchange day).

Upgrading from a horrible Peugeot 308, the noise level and Bluetooth connection is SO bad....

Out of interest what was your build week cbotved?

Mine is finally at the dealer, tomorrow it will get PDI and Wednesday is E-day (exchange day).

So, if I am correct and your car was built week before last (build week 9), then maybe my car will be at the Dealer tomorrow week (17th) ?

Think original build week was 12, then moved forward to week 9, and finally really built in end of week 8.
But keep in mind that I'm in Denmark, but car has had a stopover, at the border between Germany and Denmark where it was converted to a van, think this takes about the same time as when you guys have to wait for a boat.

Last edited:
Think original build week was 12, then moved forward to week 9, and finally really built in end of week 8.
But keep in mind that I'm in Denmark, but car has had a stopover, at the border between Germany and Denmark where it was converted to a van, think this takes about the same time as when you guys have to wait for a boat.

So maybe 24th then for me lol!! Oh the wait :banghead:

Mine was build week 8 but still not at the dealer... It's somewhere in the UK tho...

Mine was build week 8 but still not at the dealer... It's somewhere in the UK tho...

Mine was build week 7 and still isn't at the dealers! I'm not sure how much more of this waiting I can take!!!

I spoke to my dealer today about the progress of my order (week 8) and he told me that their systems have been down since friday. I do hope my cars in the UK as last monday he had told me the car is awaiting shipping

Apparently my car should be at the dealer this week!
How long to get pdi done and private plate attached? 2-3 days??

Woohoo! My BW8 SB S line 184 quattro arrived at my dealer today!..

Handover at 2pm tomorrow! One sleepless night coming up!! :))

picking my wk8 up next thursday, only 1 more week to wait.

3 hours to go and the sun is shining so there'll be a drive up the coast road in my shiny new car this afternoon! B-))

Build week 9 just arrived at the dealers hopefully picking it up on Saturday if PDI can be done in 48 hours.

GOT IT!!! And it's absolutely chuffing brilliant!!!! I had high expectations of it but my new Sportback S line TDI 184 quattro S tronic far FAR exceeds them. It's an incredible machine and worth every penny and every moment of the long wait. I'm one very happy new Audi owner! :))

Reactions: JohnM100, veeeight, RossR and 2 others
GOT IT!!! And it's absolutely chuffing brilliant!!!! I had high expectations of it but my new Sportback S line TDI 184 quattro S tronic far FAR exceeds them. It's an incredible machine and worth every penny and every moment of the long wait. I'm one very happy new Audi owner! :))

Lets see some pic's, still got a few weeks to wait for mine.

Glad you like it. I've still got a few more weeks to wait for my 184 s-tronic quattro. Should be built some time next week.

My build week 8 still isn't at the dealer! The boat dropped it off last Tuesday so no idea where it's been sitting for so long!

Ok - I'll try and post some pics. Two days of detailing ahead of me now... I had it delivered without PDI valet so no swirly paint...

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1394788598420487ImageUploadedByTapatalk1394788616054110ImageUploadedByTapatalk1394788627788568

Reactions: andy203