Walking through town

Rich

Rollin on boost mother hubbards
Reaction score
Argh! Is it just me or is trying to navigate your way through a crowded town one of the most irratating and stressfull things in the world.

Nothing worse when you're trying to get some where and the stupid women (sorry but it nearly always is) in front of you stops for no apparent reason or suddenly changes direction and cuts with no regard for anything else that exists outside of their own little world. And people who walk towards you and expect you to move without thinking about it.

It really gets me, now I'm at the point where I dont move and will quite happily walk through you whoever you are until you get the message that if you start walking towards somone you might have to move around them if they where comming that way first!

I hate the group mentality, looking at people wondering around shops like cattle grazing from field to field. Stupid women that stop dead while walking to chat to somone or to try and sort out their brat of a child with no thought that somone might be walking behind them or trying to get past.

I think town centers should have a fast lane for people (blokes?) that know where they want to go and are capable of walking at a sensible rate without ******* stopping and changing direct every 2 minutes! arrrgh!

I always walk in a straight line, toward my desination, then turn either 90 degress left or right, I hate when people walk in some chaotic diagonal fashion across your path!

The worst is when you are desperate to get past someone and everytime you go to go around them they vacantly drift in that direction as well. Shoulder barge normally sorts it.
Why do people think it is a good idea to stand in shop doorways?

worst place for this behaviour has to be supermarkets, so many women in one place with no spacial awareness pushing trolleys...

i know exactly what you mean, and women with push chairs, they think they have the right to own the whole pavement and block everyone and everything, they are the BMW drivers of the pavement world.

Aaaaaaaarggh!!!!! This is why I HATE going shopping with the mrs. She just doesnt get the idea that other people are there doing the same thing, trying to get to the same places. She will just stop dead, in the middle of the aisle, or street, and put the trolley or buggy right in everybody's way! OK, I may not want to get past, but others do! I just don't seem to be able to hold my temper in those situations, and she can't understand it! Then I'm in the dog house for telling her to move!!!!

And why do people walk so ****** slowly???? GET OUT OF MY ******* WAY!!!!!

UPDATE:

After reading this post, all she can say is "I don't care if I'm in other peoples way!"

WOMEN!!!! (Sorry!)

Bash_A3 said:
worst place for this behaviour has to be supermarkets, so many women in one place with no spacial awareness pushing trolleys...

Ahh so theres a scientific reason for it? They actually lack spacial awareness or does it just seem that way? Would explain a few things.

fillip I'm the same, I always lose my temper in similar situations it's probably my biggest irratation in the world come to think of it!

smitch said:
2 words.

The tube.

we dont have those privelages in northern ireland :( but even still, there is never that many people on the streets

maybe belfast city centre but its always negotiable!

I do enjoy it when i get to drive the pram though. I can ram people that get in the way and then give them a filthy stare for knocking into a pram. Great. ;)

smitch said:
2 words.

The tube.

Totally agree, plus i get the joys of oxford street as well and then victoria station on top

I'm sooooo tempted to buy a tazer and zap the dozy b@stards :jump:

rant over

It's basically because women shop for pleasure - half the time they don't go to the shops to buy anything.
Men don't go shopping, they go to get something they need and need to do it as quickly and efficiently as possible so they can get on with whatever it was they were doing before they realised they needed something from the shops. If they don't need it immediately, then they buy it online, which has to be the best use of the internet ever. I can't honestly remember the last time I went actual shopping, if ever.
I'm sure I suffer from some mental disorder but whenever I go to one of those hideous shopping centres, I get a kind of claustophobia. All those idiots just milling around in a daze, getting in the way, spending money they haven't got, usually on crap they never wear/use. Shop assistants getting in your face asking if you need any help, like you're incapable of asking. And when you do need some help there's not one of them to be seen.
The endless queuing, stuck behind someone who's trying to do something complicated with the cashier and people buying stuff for themselves and someone else, with two different lots of money, like they couldn't just work the right change when they get home. Arghhh! I usually just have to leave and get out in the fresh air.

Exactly the same Andy, most of the time I go its cuz the g/f drags me in. 90% of the stuff I need I can buy online as you say.

Oh and lets not forget the twats on every corner trying to force adverts in your face or stop you as you go through town to sign up to some ****** event or charity.

Last time a dude tried to stop me to ask if I wanted to buy paintballing. I just turned around and said "shut the **** up, I'm armed" rofl, I dont know why it just felt like the thing to say and he did shut up and looked rather scared. I enjoyed that.

And no I wasnt armed :p