Want those nice LED running lights off a S6 on your S3 or A3?

Rough translation for you all:

AUDI S6 standing and day driving lights An optical treat, you reach hit with this Tuning. The narrow LED day driving lights of the AUDI S6 (4 F C6 starting from 2006) are trendsetters. The gloss of the sport sedan can be transferred also to other company models. The Ingolstaedter formed the LED day headlight consisting into a broad shining volume, of in each case five LEDS per vehicle side. The lights fit into many other vehicles, one can the headlights simply into the front build. The complete connection set is contained in the offer! The cables are to be attached conceivablly simply to the normal headlights, if one wants to use the LED lights for example as fog headlights or parking light. There it around an AUDI originalteil acts is the E1-Pruefzeichen on the lights drauf. The complete connection set is provided! Scope of supply: 2x original AUDI S6 LED parking light (1x left, 1x right) 2x plug housing 6x sealings for plug housing 6x of plug contacts for plug housings

I do like them, but not sure about putting them on an A3....

Me too, and also not sure....

Need a guinea pig to try it first....

Wheres Normski when you need him?

Thats 2 things he needs to try, LED rear lights and these!

I regularly see a big black Audi thing with these lights.
Was it Clarkson that said they make your car look like a council house at christmas?
He was right, they look awful.
If they aided night driving and could be switched off during the day, great.
I think it's a no to both though.

Ha Ha yes it was him, they do look very bright during the day when coming towards you.

anybody with a bit of free time fancy doing a bit of photoshopping to show how this would look on an S-Line bumper? Either in the light cluster or at the top of the foglight panel?

You can use this source image if you want:
AudiA3_030.jpg

Dont like them on the S6 but on the A5/S5 and especially the R8 they look good!

A guy on tyresmoke has fitted these S6 lights to his bumper, but it's a workin progress and he never posted finished pics.

1051057-DSC03238.jpg

1051058-DSC03240.jpg

If you try to fit them in the headlamps it may obscure the light beam (especially with Xenons) which may be an MOT failure point. Putting them in the bumper vents should be OK. Go for it !!

warrencox said:
Couln't do it on an S3 as its cross hatch meshing rather than the horizontal platic bars.
Where theres a will...

Here is some pictures from a norwegian forum with the led's mounted on a sportback.

Randomjim said:
I like them think they suit it

I agree, I reckon they look the mutt's dangley's

warrencox said:
http://www.putfile.com/pic.php?img=7095948

Would prefer to lose the spotlights if I was going to have LED's across the grille panel.

Yeah, I agree. The photo on the ebay page seems to be an a3 s-line bumper, but it doesn't have front fogs. presumably there is an replacement housing available to remove the fog light.

I was playing around with VAGCOM earlier and it is possible to enable your fog lights as DRLs instead of the main beam, so I guess if you could remove the fog lights and fit a new housing to hold the LEDs you could wire the LEDs up to the fog light connector.

I just bought an S3 front bumper for some smoothing and to be fitted to the car i may add these aswell

I'll be buying some! Sign me up! Looks like my "fastest TDI in the UK" just got abit better =)

OEMpl.us sell the original audi S6 lights.

They also include a (big) dagram so you can get an idea of the curve and size of the units. One grid square = 1 cm.
Audi_S6_TFL-1.jpg

rallypig said:
Here is some pictures from a norwegian forum with the led's mounted on a sportback.

]

That does look rather good.

I have to say I am a fan of the LED DRLs at the moment.

Although, I am sure within a year or so every boy racer will have them which really puts me off getting some now.

200 Euro's, surely they're cheaper from Audi Parts department??

I think they look good though!!

It solves the "yellow" DRL problem. I'll ask vagparts how much they cost.