Want to know what this bottle is for???

S3_Jacko

Reaction score
Just been working in the engine bay and snapped 1 of the hoses off this bottle..... Googles useless!

gonna someone please tell me what it does ... Cheers in advance!

Its the black bottle?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 461
Charcoal Canister (part of EVAP system)

Fuel Vapour is neutralised/absorbed in there, helping the world stay 'green'.

Charcoal Canister (part of EVAP system)

Fuel Vapour is neutralised/absorbed in there, helping the world stay 'green'.

Ahh I knew it would have had something to do with fuel following the pipes.... Do you think it would be safe to drive if I bodged it just to get over to audi for a new bit?

The pipe thats snapped off doesnt look as if it does anything anyway... It looks blocked off

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 423
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 279
I've only ever surgically removed the mrs's Charcoal Canister from her clio, but they all look the same to be fair.

The pipe wouldnt go there if it were to be a simple dead end, the vapour has to go somewhere.

Chances are thats it fed into a small chamber perhaps somewhere under the skin of it, giving a false 'blocked off' feeling about it.

I'm sure her clio was vacuum/solenoid operated, so you may pop a light at some point, im not sure to be honest.

If it was mine, i'd just drive it mate. its not really a vital organ, and some delete it altogether, you can just cap it all off.

Cheers mate... The cap has a part no. On it but again googles not returned any results... I'll try and superglue it and tape it back on until I can get the new cap sorted... Dont really wanna drive it with fuel vapour going round the engine bay... As you said it must be there for a reason, i'll get in touch with audi 1st thing in the morning...

damn audi parts department being closed on a sunday, this is when most folks tinker ha

cheers for your help :)

Reactions: mjr901
Being a fellow Parts Advisor myself, just finished a stint with Landrover, now onto SEAT as of monday morning, I quite like a day off!

Heres the part number of what you need: 1K0201160BG

Will come complete with pipe and fixing connections + o-ring.

I've only assumed your vehicle details as being roughly 07 year, so it may differ, but highly doubt they'd have changed them.

Edit*

+ upon further inspection of later years, yep, thats the one you need, unless that part no is superseded, which i cant see that unless I'm physically at work.

11152205476_d37e82d8d7.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Being a fellow Parts Advisor myself, just finished a stint with Landrover, now onto SEAT as of monday morning, I quite like a day off!

Heres the part number of what you need: 1K0201160BG

Will come complete with pipe and fixing connections + o-ring.

I've only assumed your vehicle details as being roughly 07 year, so it may differ, but highly doubt they'd have changed them.

Edit*

+ upon further inspection of later years, yep, thats the one you need, unless that part no is superseded, which i cant see that unless I'm physically at work.

11152205476_d37e82d8d7.jpg

haha.... We all like a day off now and then, but i'm sure audi can afford shift rotation lol ;)
yeah mate, its in the plastic pipe insert on the cap thats snapped, so i'm hoping I can get that without having to buy the full kit... Theres a part no. On the cap itself 1jo 201 246 b so i'm hoping that im gonna be able to get that itself

If im honest, I reckon you'll only get it including the pipe. Else it would normally show on Etka. But you never know!

I'd just replace the whole pipe anyway, its not gonna be alot of cash for something like this.

If the end you broke was brittle, then the chances are the end nearer the turbo/exhaust manifold is going to extremely brittle too.

Really simple connections, and not a difficult job.

If you get a shock at Audi and its a million quid, PM me, all the Leons etc are all the same stuff, and ill sort one out at a good price!

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: S3_Jacko
I've just ran a bypass straight through... Couldnt get the snapped bit to bond with the cap... The cars booked in to be mapped tomorrow so I was just adjusting the cai slightly and put a wee bit too much weight on that section so its totally my own fault... I'm sure this will be ok just to go over to audi with and hopefully they have the part in stock... Tested the engine and it runs fine at the moment, but dont really want to run it prolonged as I dont know what it does!

I would of bonded it back on with topfix, it wouldn't go anywhere after that :)