warning light on esp and abs

madmark

Reaction score
hello i got a 2001 a3 sport tdi this isent happening all the time but now and again i get the esp and abs light come on and stay on ? i have also noticed the abs light when i start the car sometimes stays on on its own but then goes of when i start driving could this do this if the rear pads / discs are getting low as i havent replaced them for many years now any idears thank you and happy new year to you all :thumbsup:

1st of id get a scan for fault codes

i have noticed the rear discs and pads are worn could this be the fault getting a new set next week to replace them anyway also whats your advice on shocks ebay Item number: 290361438266 anyone used them

hey madmark,

how did you diagnose that is was the wheel senso. What did the VAGCOM scan say? I may have the same issue?

i had a mate come round with his laptop not sure what the code was he just said front rigth wheel sensor i send you a link to his website so you can email him direct just say he checked marks audi a3 he will know who you meen and may be able to help you sorry i couldent be more help all i done was cleaned the sensor and the cog on the shaft and its now ok here is his link Check-Light-On.co.uk | Car Diagnostics | Ecu Remapping | Service Lights | Mileage Correction | Airbag/ABS lights | Engine Management faults | Radio Codes | VAG-COM|