Warped Coolant flange (S3 AMK)

Schlaag

Bwah
Reaction score
This is the mounting face to the side of the cylinder head. Looks warped/untrue to me and must be the cause of my water leak.

There's no part number on it so i'm guessing its aftermarket. HAs anyone replaced this with a gen audi one and has the part number please?

i am assuming the face should be flush! theres an o - ring to seal...

Si7UMPM.jpg

Not such an issue if not entirely flush due to the o-ring which seals it up. If you're concerned though they're pretty cheap and quick to swap over.

Etka.cc for a part number (looks like a 06A121132Q perhaps?), or just search for something like "1.8t coolant flange" on the online auction site of your choice.

Cleaned both surfaces and re installed. Leaks like a good'n. The unflat flange doesnt let the o-ring seal. New one ordered, fingers crossed!

They don't need to be flush... o-ring seals it...

They are a common point of failure though... OE replacement is cheap... 15 ish quid from memory

<tuffty/>

when my one failed it was because I put the incorrect cap head on so there was no washer supporting the plastic in addition to the metal insert, and the plastic moved on the metal insert.

when my one failed it was because I put the incorrect cap head on so there was no washer supporting the plastic in addition to the metal insert, and the plastic moved on the metal insert.

Interesting, will check that out Stuart cheers.