Warranty advice after remap

Reaction score
How do Audi handle customers when they know the car is remapped with warranty remaining ? Is every thing void or just the turbo. If my turbo goes I’m happy to foot the cost being my fault. I was asked yesterday and told them no it was flashed back to standard

Anything that could be blamed on the remap they will try their best to get out of.

Engine, gearbox, drive shafts etc. may well not be covered any more.

Reactions: Audi Bairn
I’ve got just under 3 years left warranty n I’m getting the remap loaded up again in the morning. I’m just not sure how to handle the next time I’m asked if it’s remapped due software showing as incorrect again. Thanks for the reply

I’ve got just under 3 years left warranty n I’m getting the remap loaded up again in the morning. I’m just not sure how to handle the next time I’m asked if it’s remapped due software showing as incorrect again. Thanks for the reply
If you tell them it’s been flashed they will flag it and most likely void your warranty, there are a few topics on this.

They will also mark your car as "D1" or something like that to show if in future sales of the car that it has been modified

TD1 flag.

Every single time the car is flashed it is counting it. The more it is flashed the worse it gets in their eyes I’d assume. Once it’s been flashed once outside of Audi all of your drivetrain warranty is void. Exhaust, engine, turbo, gearbox, driveshafts etc.. all void! The only thing that won’t be void is things like the MMI. A remap kills the warranty in almost every aspect. They also wouldn’t pay out for an ECU.

Reactions: Audi Bairn, KenL and Boydie
TD1 flag.

Every single time the car is flashed it is counting it. The more it is flashed the worse it gets in their eyes I’d assume. Once it’s been flashed once outside of Audi all of your drivetrain warranty is void. Exhaust, engine, turbo, gearbox, driveshafts etc.. all void! The only thing that won’t be void is things like the MMI. A remap kills the warranty in almost every aspect. They also wouldn’t pay out for an ECU.

Thanks that’s made me feel sick lol. Just had it put back on again this morning

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: AudiNutta
Tbf if you are running the car non standard you can't expect Audi to fix stuff that goes wonky as a warranty item. Perhaps hope they don't notice but understand if they tell you to Foxtrot Oscar with a bust engine claim ;)

TX.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Audi Bairn, KenL, AudiNutta and 2 others
I wouldn’t expect a repair related to the remap I’m quite an honest lad. I’d expect well over 100k before any issues I’d be out of warranty at 90k or in 3yrs. I had my old car remapped at 100k and didn’t have to do anything till slight clutch slip around 150k miles the after replacing the clutch the turbo went, I’d put the both down to ware n tare.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Terminator x
How do Audi handle customers when they know the car is remapped with warranty remaining ? Is every thing void or just the turbo. If my turbo goes I’m happy to foot the cost being my fault. I was asked yesterday and told them no it was flashed back to standard

You pays your money, you take your chances. I suppose it also depends on the dealer to be fair. Get a decent one, and items not effected by the remap will be taken care of. Get a bad one, and they could potentially refuse to fix anything. I've hear this happen a few times, and mostly to Porsches to be fair.

You pays your money, you take your chances. I suppose it also depends on the dealer to be fair. Get a decent one, and items not effected by the remap will be taken care of. Get a bad one, and they could potentially refuse to fix anything. I've hear this happen a few times, and mostly to Porsches to be fair.

When I got it done a few months back I thought I only had a year left on the warranty, I brought it just under 12month old missed that it had 2years extended warranty . So I’ve got 3year left. I don’t drive hard often n I’m sure there won’t be any issues lol