Warranty (aftermarket) on your RS4

Scott.T

Reaction score
For many years I've been dreaming of owning an RS4 and the time has arrived where this is now well within budget. With Nogaro editions now appearing on budget too the draw is strong .
However ad a DIY mechanic at most times the complexity of the RS4 scares me into wanting a good warranty.
Therefore, are there any recommendations for non-OEM warranty that are worth more than the paper they are written on, and have a payment ceiling capable of covering the costs to repair.
The last thing I want is to get my dream car and then have to find £15k for a gearbox repair.

Any warranties you guys have and details on monthly costs appreciated

Problem with aftermarket warranties are they always find some small print to get out of paying & on an RS4, they will comb through that policy like scrooge.

I had an S4 years back, luckily I had audi warranty extended, but it was scary to know the cost of repairs should it have failed gearbox or engine, I actually lost zero money on resale, was lucky with that 1 tbh.

Problem with aftermarket warranties are they always find some small print to get out of paying & on an RS4, they will comb through that policy like scrooge.

I had an S4 years back, luckily I had audi warranty extended, but it was scary to know the cost of repairs should it have failed gearbox or engine, I actually lost zero money on resale, was lucky with that 1 tbh.
thanks for the reply. I thought there were some good trusted warranty companies to use.
I'm aware of the cheap ones that 2nd hand dealers push but thought that ones that you pay a bit more through the nose for, but a touch less than Audi charge, were recommended.

Can I just ask did you look into this and find a warranty company? I’ve purchased my dream rs4 yesterday with my hard earned savings and again don’t want to be in that position and worry without being able to enjoy the car itself. Thanks

Has anyone purchased a warranty? Looking at the Audi warranty, I'm getting a quote of under £400 for all component cover, less than 15k miles per annum and £250 xs. A similar quote for an RS6 is well into four digits, so seems good value.

Check the warranty with a fine tooth comb, that seems very low for an RS4 tbh, which makes me think somethings amiss interms of coverage.

Check the warranty with a fine tooth comb, that seems very low for an RS4 tbh, which makes me think somethings amiss interms of coverage.
I agree.
I think I was quoted £1200 from Audi on a £32000 RS4.
Plus in the small print of the schedule they still had a wear and tear clause. This was a big suprise considering the premium cost.
I've been caught out by that clause on a Cosworth many years ago.

Reactions: rjwojcik
I had a quote around £700 didn't read small print though. Never got it in the end but would be interested. The pricing on the RS4 is scary but let's be honest this is Audi quality. Spend the money maintaining it well. These gearboxes are clever and although expensive you don't see lots of posts with them breaking. They so clever that if they believe box is too hot or power train they won't even engage launch. I run mine regular down the drag. Love these cars. Just wish was easier to get extra power from. Touch wood after this post.