Facelift Warranty repair to A/C digital display

benctoney

Reaction score
Had the S4 in today for inspection and oil service.
They have said they have picked up a fault with the A/C digital display.

3c37c4aa1b1c463f298a2cb07eb4808d.jpg

Seems slightly odd as I’ve never noticed this and since picking the car up I still can’t see it?

Has anyone else had this?

Ben

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Had a fault with mine where one of the lines of pixels failed, turned all white and then corrupted further as you brushed your finger over the metal switches to animate the screen.

Mine was at the bottom too, not overly obvious as some failures I’ve seen...

This can happen with LCD displays from time to time. The repair is free and the dealership has acted upon their own initiative it seems..

Yeah all booked in for next week at no cost, was wondering if was a known issue that they were fixing and I’ve. It seen it happen and still can’t.
Can’t fault them for taking the actions they have though!

Reactions: cuke2u and maui
Just a quick question regarding this issue. I have seen some weird things with the MMI display, like in my image attached and what is over at https://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/mmi-blue-screen.407752/#post-3515706, however, the AC LCD unit issue on this thread has me wondering if I have it as well.

I cant see any issues with the LCD however, do we have any examples of the issue, how do Audi know there is an issue?

My recent MMI issues below along with AC LCD display.

10908-1573831298-5af2e94360b2d001338dbe515f63a3ed.jpg

That seems to be an mmi start up issue, not a LCD one....

Reactions: Logicpro8_user
I’m not sure how the dealer detected my fault as I can’t actually see it. I’ll ask when it’s in for repair how that detect it, could just be a known fault to them I guess.
I would say your MMI screen is a separate separate issue

Very interesting thanks for that!
Got my S4 about 4 months ago just over a year old and they have always had them lines so thought that was how it should be!

Same here, I thought it was supposed to be like this, obviously not, Audi never fixed mine in the end, moved on and sold the car as is, no one questioned it.