Wash windscreen only

Spearo

Reaction score
So, I’m confused, is there a way to only wash the windscreen and not have the headlight washers do their thing? Sometimes the headlight washers squirt and sometimes not - I’m not sure if it’s my pulling of the stalk that makes a difference or not - can someone shed some light on it!

I should say , my preference is to not have the headlight washers squirt every time - it’s a waste of water and Sometimes I don’t want my newly cleaned bonnet covered in soapy spray !

According to the manual (Page 63) the only way to turn off the headlight washers is to turn off the dipped headlights. As a safety feature, it is always on and operates with the windscreen washer system.

I think on previous models it was controlled by how much pressure you applied to the stalk? Pull back initially for windscreen and more pressure applied washed the headlights?

I believe this happens on every #X times the washers are used,
I cant recall the timing of it, but its not something that you can turn off I am sure.

Its not related to the pressure on the stalk I believe .

Reactions: Audi Bairn
Admittedly I'm no expert on the A4 (or anything else come to think of it) but on my S3 and TT if your pull the stock back quickly it avoids washing the headlamps, and if you pull it back for say half a second or more it also does the headlamps. Saves a hell of a lot of washer fluid as a result.
On older cars (audi's) I've had it was every x times the headlamps were washed with no option to avoid it.

According to the manual (Page 63) the only way to turn off the headlight washers is to turn off the dipped headlights. As a safety feature, it is always on and operates with the windscreen washer system.

I think on previous models it was controlled by how much pressure you applied to the stalk? Pull back initially for windscreen and more pressure applied washed the headlights?
OBDELEVEN LETS YOU CODE THIS

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Is it possible to remove a fuse? I’ve done this in a previous Ford and worked great!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There are square cutouts on the front bumper, plus your bonnet and wings get a wash which you'll see when operating the washers.
If you disable the washers be aware your car is illegal if the headlamp lumens is over 2000. Plus you risk distracting oncoming vehicles as the lights will be scattered..