Washer filling nozzle.

Q5 TRS

Reaction score
Can somebody take a picture of the inside of the washer filling cap, As in if you open the blue cap take a picture of it inside because I’m sure my filter has gone inside down the pipe and is now causing an issue with the washer fluid saying that it’s empty even though when I fill up it takes like a second and then it’s full.

Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can somebody take a picture of the inside of the washer filling cap, As in if you open the blue cap take a picture of it inside because I’m sure my filter has gone inside down the pipe and is now causing an issue with the washer fluid saying that it’s empty even though when I fill up it takes like a second and then it’s full.

Thanks.

My edition 1 did not have a filter in the washer fluid cap, unless mine has also fallen inside the tank.

Reactions: AdamInKent
If you mean the plastic mesh like thing that stops particles falling in, then yes I have that once I open the blue cap, I see it. I don't see how that could fall in though? You are only putting liquid through that. Perhaps it only dislodges one way? Eg if you overfill it, it will float? Then fall in. But if you pour liquid it, it would stay secure?

Thanks.

No way your filter can fall in as the tube gets narrower just below where the filter sits.
If it’s missing it’s not in the tube.

Attachments

• D0FD478D-663C-4975-AD3C-616129763F4C.jpeg
    D0FD478D-663C-4975-AD3C-616129763F4C.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 90
  • 7A41C760-713F-4E2D-9329-D13FA87B1E4A.jpeg
    7A41C760-713F-4E2D-9329-D13FA87B1E4A.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 95
  • F3C86C03-88E7-4EF2-814C-80E5D3238E3E.jpeg
    F3C86C03-88E7-4EF2-814C-80E5D3238E3E.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 94
Reactions: AdamInKent
No way your filter can fall in as the tube gets narrower just below where the filter sits.
If it’s missing it’s not in the tube.
Mine actually hasn’t had one of those since I had the car! Shall we asking my dealer about this one

Reactions: chevy117, AdamInKent and Brian Leslie
Yup I have that mesh, maybe it's stopping us from using those tablet screen wash

I mentioned this to my dealer whilst picking up my car from its first service. He checked the A3 in the show room and confirmed that a filter was fitted. So he kindly swapped it into my car (to be replaced from stock).

Thanks for this well timed thread all. I had noticed the lack of a filter when I bought the car, but just assumed it wasn’t supposed to be there. My car was built in late 2020, so perhaps Audi were short of parts and decided not to hold up deliveries for the missing bit?

Ok so I found out why the washer fluid light was on when it was full.
Rainex

apparently it’s a known issue, with the new mixture of rainex it messes with the sensors.
Don’t use rainex.
I emptied my tank so was completely empty and just filled with water only. No error light. On the hunt for a replacement now. Tried Mercedes’ but they’re completely out of stock with no replenishment date.
I had my windows coated with gtechniq and they stutter with the Audi stuff. That’s why I originally turned to rainex. Use it in my dads A8 without issues so thought would be ok in mine.

With everything I got on a vorsprung I too was missing a washer fluid mesh top! Not sure it really matters whether it’s there or not though.

Ok so I found out why the washer fluid light was on when it was full.
Rainex

apparently it’s a known issue, with the new mixture of rainex it messes with the sensors.
Don’t use rainex.
I emptied my tank so was completely empty and just filled with water only. No error light. On the hunt for a replacement now. Tried Mercedes’ but they’re completely out of stock with no replenishment date.
I had my windows coated with gtechniq and they stutter with the Audi stuff. That’s why I originally turned to rainex. Use it in my dads A8 without issues so thought would be ok in mine.
Dont think its the audi windscreen washer fluid causing the stuttering. Had the stuttering on my last merc only using merc windscreen washer fluid. I just cleaned all the windscreen with soff99 windscreen compound, clayed, washed, wiped down with ipa and treated with sofft99 galco, same stuttering without using audi windscreen fluid. Same issue with the getchnic windscreen coating on the merc.

Gonna polish of the windscreen, replace wiper blades and be done with glass coatings.

Dont think its the audi windscreen washer fluid causing the stuttering. Had the stuttering on my last merc only using merc windscreen washer fluid. I just cleaned all the windscreen with soff99 windscreen compound, clayed, washed, wiped down with ipa and treated with sofft99 galco, same stuttering without using audi windscreen fluid. Same issue with the getchnic windscreen coating on the merc.

Gonna polish of the windscreen, replace wiper blades and be done with glass coatings.

It’s the VWAudi one that makes mine stutter. Gtechniq updated their formula. Detailed had lots of customers with the same issue on Audis.
The rainex made wipers smooth whereas VWAudi one made them judder. Water by itself weirdly no juddering though haha

It’s the VWAudi one that makes mine stutter. Gtechniq updated their formula. Detailed had lots of customers with the same issue on Audis.
The rainex made wipers smooth whereas VWAudi one made them judder. Water by itself weirdly no juddering though haha

Thats strange as I have had judder with 4 different glass coatings. They judder without using any washer fluid from rain. Must be my error as its happened on three different cars using the manufactures windscreen wash.

I normally use either Prestone (yellow one) or Autoglym extreme screenwash (pink) and never had any judders (on front wipers). Used to use Sonax Nano 1:100 dilution and that was the best EXCEPT that if left in the tank for awhile it turns to goo, and no winter protection for that, then I had to go to the dealer to sort out the clog, happened twice.

I normally use either Prestone (yellow one) or Autoglym extreme screenwash (pink) and never had any judders (on front wipers). Used to use Sonax Nano 1:100 dilution and that was the best EXCEPT that if left in the tank for awhile it turns to goo, and no winter protection for that, then I had to go to the dealer to sort out the clog, happened twice.
Same thing happened on my BM with the sonax widscreen wash, Thats why i switched to manufactures windscreen wash..