Washer Jet relay

JamesS4cab

Reaction score
Quick question - can anyone a) tell me where the washer pump relay is situated and b) when i find the relays, which one it is!

TIA.

James, as far as I can tell from looking at wiring diagrams, the front & rear windscreen washer motor is driven electronically (not via a relay). The headlight washer pump is however controlled by a relay. Hope this helps.

Ok - thats really helpful - thanks.

Washer motor isnt running when the button is pushed for either front or rear so thought it might be the relay as the fuse is fine. I have a new pump motor to go in but its a pain to change if its just the relay!

Any ideas?

James, if you can get access to the pump motor wiring (plug & socket) you could just test for +/-12v when the stalk is actuated across pins 1&2. Most likely, being a DC motor, they run it one way to pump the washing fluid to the windscreen, and then reverse the polarity to run it the other way to pump to the rear screen. In any case you should see the voltage at the plug. If you do, then it is either a connection problem, or the motor is bad. If no voltage appears it will need a more serious investigation. The stalk feeds information to the steering column control unit, and then that unit sends a signal to a supply control unit which provides the power to turn the motor. Sorry, but I do not know where the supply control unit is located. But. check the fuse again. Should be Fuse 42 in the passenger fuse box, 15 amp. Good luck.

Reactions: JamesS4cab