Washing car over two days

Sir Chumpalot

Reaction score
Morning,

Due to time constraints I didn't manage to polish and wax all of the car yesterday. Last night we've had a small amount of rain. With the remaining panels can I just clay bar, polish and wax or should I look to shampooing these again?

Cheers

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Morning,

Due to time constraints I didn't manage to polish and wax all of the car yesterday. Last night we've had a small amount of rain. With the remaining panels can I just clay bar, polish and wax or should I look to shampooing these again?

Cheers

They'd need to be washed again sadly. Airborn contaminants will be on the panels along with dirt and dust which will Marr the paint, get stuck In the clay and swirl paint.

Sent from my ELS-N39 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Sir Chumpalot
Thanks for replying.

Slowly managing to get a coat of wax on now. Just the roof and nearside to do!

Oh and the interior...

I have half leather half cloth. What would be good upholstery cleaner/shampoo to use?

Cheers
8085e045d1dabc562a7485cacfabbacd.jpg

Reactions: Raiden
i fully machined polished and ceramic coated mine over 4 days - if you know this is going to happen you just work accordingly, so each day i washed and fully decontaminated the area i was doing - just left 2 days between each to allow the ceramic to harden

Daft question, once I have the car waxed (BH double speed wax) is it just a case of shampooing the car after that whenever it requires?

Yep… and don’t use loads of shampoo as that can help remove the wax, always work to directed amounts

and then just re wax when the wax has gone

There are neutral shampoos you can purchase that are less aggressive then top up the wax with a coating such as wet wax or done and dusted...

i hope your all ok,familys ok,i used to be a valeter detailer so i always use auto glymm car products inside my car and bodywork and wheels on my 10 plate audi a3 se 1.6 tdi sportback the greatba3 colour of garnet ruby pearlesant colour really comes out nice,take care,all the best 2023 everyone,happy audi a3 motoring ....