Facelift Water coming into car when opening doors

Bradneyyyy

Audi A3 (8V) S-Line 2017 Facelift
Reaction score
Had my A3 nearly 12 months now. But up until now I haven't experienced this issue previously.

When it's rained... light or heavy. When I come to open either driver or passenger door water is running in and onto the seats!!!

Has anyone else had this problem with their Facelift model? I'm worried as I have heated seats and don't want this to damage the heating element in the seats.

Any help/advice would be great.

Reactions: ChivsBang
I'm going to go as far to say that I bet everyone has had the same issue.

Reactions: RSS-S3, Djs3saloon, Wxm and 10 others
Yep, does it both FL & PFL.

Lesson 1.

Stay in car if raining.

Reactions: Jassyo06 and Trevolly
I always had it on my PFL, notice it less on the FL but I am always aware of it when I open the doors and check the seats. I seem to have the issue less on my FL, but I think it's just coincidence because nothing has changed between.

Count yourselves lucky, living on the Jurassic coast it wouldn't matter what car you have. When the little drops of rain fly sideways in the ****ing wind, simply opening the door to get in leaves you wondering if you bought an A3, or a sit down shower.

Reactions: richinsoton, TDI-line, glospete and 2 others
Count yourselves lucky, living on the Jurassic coast it wouldn't matter what car you have. When the little drops of rain fly sideways in the ****ing wind, simply opening the door to get in leaves you wondering if you bought an A3, or a sit down shower.

Made me laugh :lmfao:

I have my microfibre cloth in the glovebox for when that happens.

Reactions: Jassyo06
Cloth is in my central arm rest...lol

That's kept empty for my phone, part of the start up procedure :tearsofjoy:

Ignition on, valves open, phone in, turn key... after the irritating delay, into Individual. Some days it's not too bad, but others I can wait a couple of minutes for Drive Select to appear :neutral:

Reactions: SILVAF0XX
It's a special design feature, one of the few Audi don't charge you extra for so don't complain! :blink:

Coming from past and current Audi's (A5, S5, TT) with frameless windows, it's actually an improvement.

Made me laugh :lmfao:

I have my microfibre cloth in the glovebox for when that happens.
Glad we're on the same page, to think people at work/home/friends think I'm mad for having bird dropping wipes, amateurs.

Glad we're on the same page, to think people at work/home/friends think I'm mad for having bird dropping wipes, amateurs.

My girlfriend laughed at me for having bird dropping wipes and she knows what I'm like haha.

Ignition on, valves open, phone in, turn key... after the irritating delay, into Individual. Some days it's not too bad, but others I can wait a couple of minutes for Drive Select to appear :neutral:
Without going off topic.. are you using the MMI? And it sits on 'enabling car systems' or something similar?

If so, try using the dedicated drive select button on the centre switch panel... I do that and it allows you to flick through instantly!

Nothing wrong with those, always in my glovebox.

Reactions: SamP97
Without going off topic.. are you using the MMI? And it sits on 'enabling car systems' or something similar?

If so, try using the dedicated drive select button on the centre switch panel... I do that and it allows you to flick through instantly!

Yep that's what I do, it's different to the PFL now mind.
On the FL you lose the modes coming up on the speedo, that button instead opens a page on the central screen.

On the FL you lose the modes coming up on the speedo, that button instead opens a page on the central screen.
Ahhh OK! That sucks! :(

Reactions: AudiNutta
Ahhh OK! That sucks! :(

Yep so basically you are waiting for the car systems to load, before you can see the drive select menu because that is what it brings up. Annoying because I can remember in my PFL it worked instantly, seeing the menu in the speedo.

Reactions: azibux1
So does that stop it from booting up with the correct setting, if you last left the car in for example individual? Or if you immediately drive off does it still drive in individual?

Not on the virtual cockpit you don't lol

Reactions: Jassyo06 and Audi Bairn
So does that stop it from booting up with the correct setting, if you last left the car in for example individual? Or if you immediately drive off does it still drive in individual?

It still doesn't start in the same mode. Normally it takes 5 or so minutes for the MMI to totally shut down, an example the other day.. I had the car off for 3/4 minutes while in the shop and then drove to work. Blipped and was surprised to hear pops.
I think if you start the car again before the MMI totallt shuts itself down, it's fine but for safe measure I always reselect.
But in the FL, rather than pressing the Drive Select button 5 times..... I press it once, then the centre dial down once to select without having to cycle, much quicker and easier. That works in the FL only because the drive select screen comes up in the middle.

Reactions: SamP97
Not on the virtual cockpit you don't lol

Roll on RS Virtual Cockpit then! Worried I will get a little tired of it, it looks great but so do the black RS dials....

Reactions: Audi Bairn
Roll on RS Virtual Cockpit then! Worried I will get a little tired of it, it looks great but so do the black RS dials....

Comes up in the middle of the rev counter on the Sport view and stays there so you can see what mode you're in.

No reason so get bored of the VC, if you haven't got bored of looking at dials then you won't get bored of that.

Reactions: Audi Bairn and AudiNutta
Comes up in the middle of the rev counter on the Sport view and stays there so you can see what mode you're in.

No reason so get bored of the VC, if you haven't got bored of looking at dials then you won't get bored of that.

I am looking forward to seeing it every time I get in the car, it does look cool!!

Reactions: Audi Bairn and Tom.H
Yep, does it both FL & PFL.

Lesson 1.

Stay in car if raining.

Lesson 2.

Don't open the boot on a saloon when it's covered in snow.

(learnt that one the hard way)

Reactions: richinsoton, Rideen, BarryG79 and 2 others
I am looking forward to seeing it every time I get in the car, it does look cool!!

:sunglasses:

XXaCTWY.jpg

Reactions: AudiNutta
Blimey mate, that does look good doesn't it!! Very excited.

Also... 310 miles left on the est. with 3/4 of a tank, that's surprising!!

Reactions: Audi Bairn and Tom.H

I know, somebody has been a good boy ;) Typically after a fill up I tend to see around 320-330 miles range. But of late I've been pretty good and seen as much as 380.

The best I seem to get on a run is 30MPG calculated, had the car showing 44MPG one day.

I know, somebody has been a good boy ;) Typically after a fill up I tend to see around 320-330 miles range. But of late I've been pretty good and seen as much as 380.

The best I seem to get on a run is 30MPG calculated, had the car showing 44MPG one day.

Think that was from a 270-280 mile tank. Majority of my driving is town driving, had a few high speed (70mph) runs as well.

Think that was from a 270-280 mile tank. Majority of my driving is town driving, had a few high speed (70mph) runs as well.

I'm glad I am not the only one that sees those kind of ranges, sometimes I feel like I am. I have never seen any worse than 270 miles between fills, that calculates to 21-22MPG. My driving is local too, the car very rarely travels... the furthest it goes regularly is once a week to the girlfriends family 24 miles away. The next week it's set to put on a good 6-700 miles with a trip to West Wales and AITP.. can't wait :D

Summer is awful for fuel economy, windows and foot down :whistle2::greyrs4::whip:

I'm glad I am not the only one that sees those kind of ranges, sometimes I feel like I am. I have never seen any worse than 270 miles between fills, that calculates to 21-22MPG. My driving is local too, the car very rarely travels... the furthest it goes regularly is once a week to the girlfriends family 24 miles away. The next week it's set to put on a good 6-700 miles with a trip to West Wales and AITP.. can't wait :D

Summer is awful for fuel economy, windows and foot down :whistle2::greyrs4::whip:

The photo I posted was taken tonight and I've had the car since 22nd March so you can see how much mileage I do lol

The photo I posted was taken tonight and I've had the car since 22nd March so you can see how much mileage I do lol

Well up until a month ago I worked 12 miles away, I now work half a mile away haha! I've got nearly 10,000 on the clock, car was new in October last year.

Reactions: Tom.H

To be fair, it's 7/8ths of a tank. Usually when I fill up the range shows 365 - 380 miles and I end up getting around 300 ish with 50 or 60 still showing when I fill up.

At first I read that at 6,700 miles :blink:
Was thinking, has he moved to the west coast of Canada or something lol

At first I read that at 6,700 miles :blink:
Was thinking, has he moved to the west coast of Canada or something lol

Haha, yep definitely not that many ;) Struggling to find the balance now of using the car and keeping the mileage low for moving it on in October.

Anybody else get the feeling these Audi LED fuel gauages give you a false sense of security? As in, it'll be full... full... full... and then all of a sudden those little lights seem to drop seemingly one day at a time!
Maybe it's just me, but definitely feel it starts emptying quicker as you get through the tank

Reactions: richinsoton
Anybody else get the feeling these Audi LED fuel gauages give you a false sense of security? As in, it'll be full... full... full... and then all of a sudden those little lights seem to drop seemingly one day at a time!
Maybe it's just me, but definitely feel it starts emptying quicker as you get through the tank
Yep I said this on a post a few weeks back it's like an inverted triangle, another member said it's so Joe Public doesn't think their fuel consumption isn't too excessive as the guage doesn't start to drop straightaway... personally I'd rather have an accurate reading!

Reactions: SamP97 and Audi Bairn

Wtf the RS3 dials was one of the 2 things l didn't like about the cars interior that and the alcantara steering wheel.....