water ingress

cattalogg

Reaction score
hi everyone, first time on the forum with a questionto s5 owners. After washing your car and lifting the boot lid do you get water running into the boot from each corner ofthe boot lid glass, if so have you had any electrical issues. thanks.

Reactions: CrazeUK
hi everyone, first time on the forum with a questionto s5 owners. After washing your car and lifting the boot lid do you get water running into the boot from each corner ofthe boot lid glass, if so have you had any electrical issues. thanks.
If it’s when you open the tailgated then it happened on both my B8 and B9 Sportbacks - its a consequence of the design. Never had a problem with causing any electrical issues and between them I had the cars for 7 years.

It also happens on my S5 Coupe but it’s usual only a few drips

If it’s when you open the tailgated then it happened on both my B8 and B9 Sportbacks - its a consequence of the design. Never had a problem with causing any electrical issues and between them I had the cars for 7 years.

It also happens on my S5 Coupe but it’s usual only a few drips
thanks for your info, dealership tell me the car needs a new wiring loom.

2015, 24000 on the clock

Only just run it then. Seems odd that it needs a new loom - would suggest something more than the water you get in from opening the boot. Do you know the history of the car and has the dealer shown you the damage.

Last edited:
Only just run it then. Seems strange it needs a new wiring loom. Seems odd that it needs a new loom - would suggest something more than the water you get in from opening the boot. Do you know the history of the car and has the dealer shown you the damage.
the dealer is at it, no way this car needs a loom, some new wiring yes but a loom no, just bumping up their sales.