Water repellent products

aprilia dude

Reaction score
which are the the best water repellent products that people use .. I'm currently using auto glym extra gloss protection ... and autoglym gloss rinse ..
Is there anything better out there ?
I've seen something on YouTube where they chuck muddy water over a Nissan and it doesn't stick to it .!

Very open question, depends on preference, finish, and budget, and car colour.
Are you wanting it to sheet or bead?
Also are you applying yourself/getting a detailer to do it.

I'm a fan of the Gyeon range, wet coat is probably the easiest, but Can Coat and Mohs is good if you have the time. Gtechniq is also very good.

I've been wanting to try the Blackfire wet ice over fire kit, but have a little stock of werkstat and can coat that needs using first!

My advice would be...
Each time you wash the car, while its still wet, give it a spritz with `Auto Glym Aqua Wax` as a drying aid. As you dry the car you'll give it a little protection.
Then, every third wash, miss out the `Aqua Wax` and dry the car normally. Then, once completely dry, give it a coat of `Sonax Brilliant Shine Detailer`.
The procedure will achieve what you're looking for.

+1 to wet wax, its what I use.
The nissan youtube I think is special dirt repellent paint not available yet...

Check out the detailing forum on here for some suggestions. Also check out the Polished Bliss website, they have some guides and good info on all the products they sell. Kestrel's suggestion is fine but if you want something long-lasting you need to look elsewhere, likely to a sealant like the Blackfire, Gyeon or Gtechniq ones mentioned above.

I use Bilt hamber wash ,wax and wheel cleaner products,all excellent and all highly rated. A simple approach ,regular wash with a wax every couple months or so ....its very easy to go overboard but this works for me.

I use Soft99 Suffo Coat for dark cars. incredible product.

Water repellant is amazing on this one, never seen a wax this good and its mainly used for boats to start with. Washing the car is so much easier now as Everything pretty much comes off from just using the high pressure washer.

Gtechniq exo is unbelievable. Like nothing else i have seen. It even waterproofed my buffing cloth

This is it after 6 monts of winter with weekly washes and no top ups:

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk