Water under battery tray & brake master cylinder....

jrleech

Reaction score
I was just washing my car and when I lifted the engine lid I noticed a load of water (about 3 litres!!).

It was under the battery tray, brake master cylinder and around where the coolant hoses go to the heater matrix (about half an inch deep). Took about half an hour to sponge it all out.

It's obviously designed to get wet, as the runoff at the bottom of the windscreen dumps the water there. I'm sure it's not designed to stay full though,

I'm guessing there's a drain hole or two and they're blocked. Does anyone know where they're located??

Thanks,
Jon

Drain Hole is located on the left hand side of the Battery(looking down) probably blocked

There is a drain hole with a big rubber grommet thing located right underneath the battery tray that is meant to act like a sort of primitive one-way drain valve....
Thing is, it easily gets blocked up with rubbish/slime/crud, once battery and tray are removed its a 2 minute job to remove and clean grommet....did this a few months ago with no probs since.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Nice one, thanks. Hope I can remember my battery code!! It was like a lake in there yesterday!!