Wax and graft Vs nano-coatings

Pook

Reaction score
So as the title suggests, curious to people's thoughts about the likes of Gtechniq V waxes. I got my saloon pro-detailed with Crystal Serum light with C2 on top, and a year in I am not disappointed. It always glistenes, and the fact I only need a top up coat of C2 twice a year makes it a doddle in comparison to applying waxes regularly. But I can't help thinking, does this twice a year application not really POP as much as some hard graft with the waxes? I don't know because I've never done waxing on my white car, I've had the Gtechniq from new. Just after people's thoughts so I know whether I would do this again.

@Pook - I've been down both routes
My wife's old MINI JCW had CarPro CQuartz Uk applied by a Pro-Detailer. Which in itself was a great experience, if a little detached for me as I like Detailing my own cars. The maintenance for the CQUK was washing with CarPro Reset & a coat of CarPro Reload every 3 months or so & that was it
My current car, the S4 I did the other way -waxing, which TBH I find quite therapeutic
http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/thread...lue-b8-5-audi-s4-black-edition-saloon.247421/

We're all different but I prefer the waxing, unless the car is a white one lol
Then I would use Sonax NPT topped off regularly with a 50/50 mix of Sonax BSD & Chemical Guys V07

I have a little time on my hands than most & like getting m 'hands on' my car so hence the route / routes I take

@Pook - I've been down both routes
My wife's old MINI JCW had CarPro CQuartz Uk applied by a Pro-Detailer. Which in itself was a great experience, if a little detached for me as I like Detailing my own cars. The maintenance for the CQUK was washing with CarPro Reset & a coat of CarPro Reload every 3 months or so & that was it
My current car, the S4 I did the other way -waxing, which TBH I find quite therapeutic
http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/thread...lue-b8-5-audi-s4-black-edition-saloon.247421/

We're all different but I prefer the waxing, unless the car is a white one lol
Then I would use Sonax NPT topped off regularly with a 50/50 mix of Sonax BSD & Chemical Guys V07

I have a little time on my hands than most & like getting m 'hands on' my car so hence the route / routes I take
Thanks @Bristle Hound , how would you say the results compare? The coatings obviously I guess lower maintenance but in you're experience are the results similar/better/worse than waxing etc?

Reactions: Bristle Hound
White cars look great with a sealant. I did my daughters car with gtechniq as I knew it wouldn't be washed much. A quick snow foam and it looks good again. Depends what time you have as well and how you use the car. I am starting to think that a daily driver is better with a sealant. Too much time wasted otherwise.

White cars look great with a sealant. I did my daughters car with gtechniq as I knew it wouldn't be washed much. A quick snow foam and it looks good again. Depends what time you have as well and how you use the car. I am starting to think that a daily driver is better with a sealant. Too much time wasted otherwise.
Yea my car is Glacier and it pretty much always looks great with the sealant. Just curious as to whether it can look even better with waxes. I guess with white it's not really a 'popping' colour, so maybe the sealant is always going to be enough.

Thanks @Bristle Hound , how would you say the results compare? The coatings obviously I guess lower maintenance but in you're experience are the results similar/better/worse than waxing etc?
@Pook - Results are similar to waxing IMO
As has already been said before, the most important thing about Detailing is the prep

Reactions: Pook
Spent a good number of hours today giving it the full works. The top up of C2 really does make the finish glass like, it's like a shield on top of the paint work, amazing. So with that I think I've answered my own question ha. Car is a year old now and still beads like day one, and importantly my pre wash of either CPW or BH autofoam does not strip the C2, which I'm guessing it may do with waxes, or weaken them at least.

Reactions: scotty76