Wax recommendations

Stol1975

Reaction score
Well the car cleaning season is truly upon us and its time to clay, polish and wax. I know some of you are quite ocd/anal about the detail of your car so I'd be interested to hear what you guys use and what your prepared to pay for that glossy finish?

I have started using Burts boyz products,their spray Wax really makes any metallic pop and window cleaner and trim gel are both awesome.

This is mine after Megs 205 then 105 with orange then white pad on a DA. Followed by jetseal and DodoJuice Purple haze.
88b15cba5dd34ac31524e6946e59ec7e_zpsc3df5221.jpg

Not happy with the finish at all, it's a deep shine in shade but in direct light the wax hasn't left a nice finish.

So redoing it tomorrow, going for the same polishing process followed by Blacklight, jetseal, Petes 53 then a wipe down with V7 Hybrid.
i will do a video/pictures tomorrow for you mate.

Reactions: wuta3
Sounds intense lol but I'll look forward to that even tho your pic still looks damn good.

Ag hd wax gets good reviews ,my favorite wax is swissvax shield ..:)

It all depends what you're after, a quick easy finish or try and remove any surface damage or even use fillers.
Applying by hand or machine.
Budget.

Them with wax it's budget, wax or sealant, how long you want it to last etc

Cg black light is a good product , also gtechniq c2v3 and carpro reload all great sealants and very easy to use ,spray ,wipe and buff off....

With VAG paint being like polishing a stone, if you were to go about polishing by hand you'd have little to no hope in removing swirls. Therefore you'd want a decent polish with a load of fillers but still some devent abrasive properties.

If I were to go about it by hand, the full process I'd use would be:
Snow foam/pre wash.
2 bucket mmethod
fallout/iron/tar remover.
Clay.
Pre wash as above.
Dry.
Polish with Gtechniq P1.
A coat of blacklight.
A decent sealant or wax, the likes of Jetseal or Supernatural hybrid are some of my favourites at the minute.
Final wipe down with a quick detailer.

Obviously add in wheels/trim as you please.

If its by machine let me know and ill re-write accordingly.

This is mine after Megs 205 then 105 with orange then white pad on a DA. Followed by jetseal and DodoJuice Purple haze.
88b15cba5dd34ac31524e6946e59ec7e_zpsc3df5221.jpg

Not happy with the finish at all, it's a deep shine in shade but in direct light the wax hasn't left a nice finish.

So redoing it tomorrow, going for the same polishing process followed by Blacklight, jetseal, Petes 53 then a wipe down with V7 Hybrid.
i will do a video/pictures tomorrow for you mate.

Sweeeet mercy! That's a good lookin pic. Better order a DA sharpish. I'll add a +1 for Dodo juice purple haze tho. Lovely stuff. Smells good too. Wonder why you didn't get good results, provides a nice deep shine on my phantom.

Well I'm new to this more detailed cleaning but my baby deserves it. This is what I have done so far.

I got a halfords electric polisher
and used maguiars ultimate compound to get rid of swirls. Prior to this I used mags gold shampoo and conditioner. I have used mags clay bar too.
Though a lot of swirls have gone there are still some there so I've ordered a das6 variable speed polisher and have a few products in the post too, mags mirror glaze 105 and 205 polish also mags gold class liquid polish. I use poor boys wheel polish on the wheels. I'm happy so far but really want to get it looking as good as I can. View attachment 16732View attachment 16734

Well I'm new to this more detailed cleaning but my baby deserves it. This is what I have done so far.

I got a halfords electric polisher
and used maguiars ultimate compound to get rid of swirls. Prior to this I used mags gold shampoo and conditioner. I have used mags clay bar too.
Though a lot of swirls have gone there are still some there so I've ordered a das6 variable speed polisher and have a few products in the post too, mags mirror glaze 105 and 205 polish also mags gold class liquid polish. I use poor boys wheel polish on the wheels. I'm happy so far but really want to get it looking as good as I can. View attachment 16732View attachment 16734

Looks good results mate!

Id be using a orange pad to cut the 105 on about 4-5 passes then the 205 on a white pad to remove on polish holograms. Hex logic pads are my personal favourite.
Even with a DA you'll struggle to fully remove the swirls on Audi paint unless you're seriously committed to putting in 110%.
That's why in gonna try blacklight today after to try and mask the very few minor swirls that remain.
The Megs shampoo and clay are good kit, same with PB wheel sealant.

Sweeeet mercy! That's a good lookin pic. Better order a DA sharpish. I'll add a +1 for Dodo juice purple haze tho. Lovely stuff. Smells good too. Wonder why you didn't get good results, provides a nice deep shine on my phantom.

i popped a link up yesterday with a offer and code for Cleanyourcar, where you can get a DAS6 pro, delivered for £99.95. Saving like £25.

Here's my results from today:

60f8aa067cc0ace942b87e733805bbaf_zps88fa592e.jpg

8 hours in total.
Bilberry wheels
rinse
TRIX applied to wheels, left to do its magic then rinsed.
Snow foamed
2BM
TRIx applied to paint work
Clayed
re-washed as above.
Dried.
Polished with Green pad and M105 compound.
Wipe down with IPA
blacklight applied with black pad.
Whilst curing trims dressed etc.
coat of jetseal.
Coat of Petes 53.
Final wipe down with V7.

Reactions: wuta3 and Brodster