Waxstock 2016

steeve

Reaction score
It getting towards that time of year again. Let me first say that I have no connection to the organisers or any advertiser.

There's always lots of simple questions on here about, what wax, what polish or glaze etc etc.
Why not visit Waxstock 2016 this year, its at the Ricoh Stadium in Coventry, it's inside so even if there's a summer shower you wont get wet.

It's an opportunity to see, try and buy (often at significant discounts) car cleaning and detailing consumables and polishers etc.

You can talk with manufacturers and retailers about their products and see some amazing detailing work.
Its well worth a visit, you don't have to buy, but its awfully difficult to keep your wallet in your pocket.

http://www.waxstock.com/

Waxstock2016 web header

Reactions: pburv
Just out of interest, why does your fuel light need to be on to display your car?

Just out of interest, why does your fuel light need to be on to display your car?
Apparently it's the insurers. Some of the guys say it is quite normal and the regulars show goers are used to it. Some shows don't expect it as they reckon the fumes are more dangerous than the fuel. Suppose it is up to the insurance assessor to decide.
The security on the door won't let you in unless the light is showing but someone did mention that some guys have got a light which is on permanently!

Reactions: Max-Robbo
If you go to Detailing World and look at the threads from previous years, you can see some of the entries. They are spectacular. The attention to detail is incredible and even if you don't particularly care for a certain car, they are still good. Well worth a look if you have a spare minute or two.

Does attending this mean I will spend a small fortune on more detailing things? Me thinks this could be expensive!:grimacing:

Reactions: Rob2k68, Bristle Hound and scotty76
Yes, very expensive!! Next thing, you'll be on DW looking for the latest quick detailer, sealant, wax, shampoo etc. hard to resist.

Reactions: Rob2k68 and ScottishA4B9
We'll be going again little lad and I had a great time last year and he tried to get me to buy this :-

Reactions: Bulldog, Bristle Hound and scotty76
Your son has taste..................

Reactions: Rob2k68 and Bristle Hound
I will be attending, staying over the Sat and Sun in the onsite Hilton.

Looking forward to spending some money :D

Reactions: Rob2k68
Heading up on the Sunday morning bright and early, going to have Dan320is with me too. Really looking forward to it.

Are there going to be some Slims air fresheners on sale, the Mrs loves them! I treat her so well ;)

Reactions: Gazjs and Rob2k68
So who went then plenty of S3's in the car park?

Didn't spend too much this time round but it seemed a lot bigger than last year and stayed dry for all those outside in the show and shine competition some lovely presented cars.

Nice welcome too :-

IMG 0181

Reactions: Bristle Hound and D6DPH
Lucky sod, I got all shy and scampered off.
They should count themselves lucky I didn't revert to primary school pulling tactics: run up to them, kick them in the shin, smile sweetly and mumble "I fink I love you"

Reactions: Bristle Hound and Rob2k68
Lucky boy :D

Headed down yesterday for my first Waxstock and thought it was excellent.

After a 6 hour drive and lots of flies though I stayed in the main car park rather the arrive and shine. Although I was parked fairly close to it.

Lots of goodies and advice also. Mike Phillips was excellent and the top 3 were worthy winners, excuse the photography skills but below in the order of 3 2 1

Reactions: Rob2k68 and scotty76

Didn't spend too much this time round but it seemed a lot bigger than last year and stayed dry for all those outside in the show and shine competition some lovely presented cars.

View attachment 97855
Really. Lmao. The little boy will treasure that picture.

Reactions: Rob2k68

View attachment 97855

I'm not long back from this years Waxstock, brilliant show and so good to see legends like Kelly KDS, Gave KG and especially Mike Phillips, who I had a good chat to, lovely guy and very very knowledgeable.

I was in my Sepang S3 and I also notices quite a few others on the car park. Some lovely cars there and some absolute bargains to be had. My wallet took a pounding, but Im good for products for at least a few months!!

Oh yeh, the swirl Police also took my mind off the pain in my wallet :yes:

Reactions: Gazjs and Rob2k68
I'm not long back from this years Waxstock, brilliant show and so good to see legends like Kelly KDS, Gave KG and especially Mike Phillips, who I had a good chat to, lovely guy and very very knowledgeable.

I was in my Sepang S3 and I also notices quite a few others on the car park. Some lovely cars there and some absolute bargains to be had. My wallet took a pounding, but Im good for products for at least a few months!!

Oh yeh, the swirl Police also took my mind off the pain in my wallet :yes:

Lots of half price goodies then. Lmao :) x