Wear problem with NEW Brakes

Asahi

Reaction score
Hi all,

Yesterday I put new front discs and Pads on my car, my old ones judders and were below min thickness. After bedding them in this morning I noticed uneven wear. I then checked the old pads and it's the same story. Any idea? it doesn't look good to me. The passenger side isn't wearing the whole disc, is this normal ? When I did the brake job I cleaned all the calipers and pins good and used plenty of proper silicone grease for the slide pins. Not long ago I also flushed the brake fluid and bled. :persevere:

Link to imgur album
xJDouEA.jpg

ewQFpox.jpg

r4CLZhA.jpg

gjN67zZ.jpg

8Zdg9Xh.jpg

pJMu3KG.jpg

The pad never touches right to the edge of the disc either on the outer edge or the inner, perfectly normal.

Reactions: Asahi
The pad never touches right to the edge of the disc either on the outer edge or the inner, perfectly normal.
That's very true but to me the difference in contact/wear seems alarming? Why would the drivers side pad make more contact that the passenger? I could only think cause its closer to the master cylinder but applied pressure should really be equal.

Incase it helps here's some pictures of the old brake pads.
I got Driver and Pas mixed up when so I'm not sure if they are paired correctly but I tried to match them.

K1sKDd2l.jpg
The circle mark is from my diy piston windback tool and i used the pad to protect the piston.
YwBjl5Ul.jpg

OjDUqFel.jpg

NIXrSSul.jpg