Webuyanycar.... surprising price?!?

mrobbie

Reaction score
Looking at swapping out my B9 S4 and after a couple of low ball PX offers, I thought I’d try WBAC to see how low these were to negotiate a bit harder. WBAC came in far higher than expected. Even amending the assumptions re MOT and a car park knock on a door (which took £98 off) it’s a great price.

I know their business is to get you to their premises then nit pick, but on a 2.5 year old VGC car with FASH and good tyres, how much will they try it on?

Very tempted with it and might make the appointment anyway to see for myself - just interested in anyone that has used them in a similar position.

Thanks

Sometimes WBAC do give better prices than dealers.

I sold my old Nissan 370Z to them years ago. They gave a better price than the dealers. Needed a quick sale, so didn't have time to advertise privately.

But they are hit & miss regarding nit picking. Depends on who's inspecting it. I took my old Twingo RS to them in 2019. Price said just over £4000. Guy pulled it to bits, and tried getting it for less than £3k. Said no and kept it. Yet my GF took her beaten old works Belingo to them. It was an absolute mess. Not one panel wasn't scratched, dented etc. Hardly knocked anything off. Couldn't believe it. We walked out laughing.

Before we went to the appointment, I told her to put on a tight low cut top on !!! Worked a treat :thumbs up:

• Haha
Reactions: SquidGame
Worth trying Motorway or Prestige Performance (Yorkshire) Ltd who are site sponsors on here - seen good reviews for both

I'll be looking into Motorway when I'm ready for a change... Heard good reports about them and their service. Took the wife's Beemer 320d to WBAC and they pulled it apart for every little stone chip there was. I think about £750 off the quoted price in the end...

Price was ok, knocked another £120 off for stone chips on front number and a scuff on boot lip. Need the new V5 now my plate is off and I need to start the process again (quotes valid only 4 days)...

Take a look at Wizzle

Dealers make you an offer based on photos and your own appraisal.

Brother sold his BMW and got £2k more than local dealer was offering. Sent a driver to collect 2days later and only released car when money was in account. Price agreed was paid with no further knock down on collection.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi. I recently sold a 2017 plate car to WBAC and cannot recommend them more highly. Provided you declare all the damage when you request the valuation, the valuation is spot on. My car had a scratch at the back and a small dent at the front. Both declared, WBAC guy was happy I had done my job in declaring properly, so he did his job and paid up. All this is after the guys at Motorway never really got going. I had uploaded all the pictures using their app but they never got in touch and were difficult to get hold of. They then promised to call back, but never did. Complete waste of time. Wizzle seemed more organised and I had some offers, but they were all much lower than what WBAc ended up paying. Wizzle's website and e-mail updates were quite helpful though.

HTH.

PS: My first comment on this forum and it's about my old (non-Audi) car! :grin:

Looking at swapping out my B9 S4 and after a couple of low ball PX offers, I thought I’d try WBAC to see how low these were to negotiate a bit harder. WBAC came in far higher than expected. Even amending the assumptions re MOT and a car park knock on a door (which took £98 off) it’s a great price.

I know their business is to get you to their premises then nit pick, but on a 2.5 year old VGC car with FASH and good tyres, how much will they try it on?

Very tempted with it and might make the appointment anyway to see for myself - just interested in anyone that has used them in a similar position.

Thanks
hi there webuyanycar they are thiefs lol i sold them few years ago audi a4 2008 sline super condition priced me 4800 went down to 3800 ha ha i just wanted to sale it anyway but trust me if u ask me now would u sell again to them no..... i rather gave it to somebody help them :)

hi there webuyanycar they are thiefs lol i sold them few years ago audi a4 2008 sline super condition priced me 4800 went down to 3800 ha ha i just wanted to sale it anyway but trust me if u ask me now would u sell again to them no..... i rather gave it to somebody help them :)

What all did they knock the price down for?

For mine I got the price online after I declared the marks I knew about on the bodywork. MoT was 3+ months away, service history up to date, tyres were good. They deduced £120 at the appointment for a small chip on rear bumper and stone chips (minor) on the front bumper.

I found the process to be pretty fair and transparent and I’d consider it again in the future.

Reactions: Resali
What all did they knock the price down for?

For mine I got the price online after I declared the marks I knew about on the bodywork. MoT was 3+ months away, service history up to date, tyres were good. They deduced £120 at the appointment for a small chip on rear bumper and stone chips (minor) on the front bumper.

I found the process to be pretty fair and transparent and I’d consider it again in the future.

hi.. they always find ways to knock the price down chipstone here bit bend here dirt here etcc u know stuff wich u expect for a car that age they never gave u the full price..... me personally i had bad experience with them and i wont recommend them to nobody... personally

I found them fair when i wanted to get rid of my Skoda Yeti a few years back, price offered was £600 higher than the part Ex price i had been offered against an I30N at the Dealers. They knocked of £90 for a carpark dent on the rear door. So all good for me personally. Then as i had no part ex managed to get another £400 off the cost of the I30N. so all good for me. But some friends have had problems with them. Guess it comes down to who you see and if they are in a good mood or not, and if they have their glasses on to see everything.... I was not there more than 20 mins total and all done.