Weird Sound A4 2017 2.0 TDI 190PS

Eric Szekely

Reaction score
Hey guys !

This is my first post and sadly a sad one for me because there s a sound like a pumping noise I first heard a few moments ago and seeing as I have no gearheads in my friend group I had to come to you.

The oil temps and water temps are optimal. No changes there. The AC works just fine. No performance loss or anything out of the ordinary.

This is the link to the video where you can hear the sound: pumping noise

Thank you in advance !

When did you last have your timing belt changed?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m trying to eliminate a few things. It sort of sounds like a pulley from the video. Could be just the quality of the video

Try and see inside the engine bay, see if you can narrow down where the noise is coming from

I’m trying to eliminate a few things. It sort of sounds like a pulley from the video. Could be just the quality of the video

Try and see inside the engine bay, see if you can narrow down where the noise is coming from

I have the confirmation from a friend of my brother s who says it s the timing belt that needs to be changed. Thank you very much for taking the time !

No problem, good luck. Let us know how you get on.

If it is definitely the timing belt that’s ripping itself to pieces/loose on the pulleys then you risk a few things if it comes off.

Best case, you lose timing on your engine and that is very expensive to fix and probably would require an engine rebuild.

Worst case, you throw a rod and brick your engine...

If you have the opportunity to get it towed there, then do that.

Why not?
Stick it in neutral?

I m gonna start the engine just till I put it on a platform to get it to the service. It has an stronic transmission. Hopefully nothing bad happens. Wish me luck !

Reactions: cuke2u
Hey guys !

This is my first post and sadly a sad one for me because there s a sound like a pumping noise I first heard a few moments ago and seeing as I have no gearheads in my friend group I had to come to you.

The oil temps and water temps are optimal. No changes there. The AC works just fine. No performance loss or anything out of the ordinary.

This is the link to the video where you can hear the sound: pumping noise

Thank you in advance !

Hi!
So what was the issue at the end?