Weitec 40mm vs Koni 35mm

sharma

Reaction score
Hi there,

I have a choice between a Koni Sport 35mm drop and a Weitec 40mm drop. I want the ride to be as soft as possible. I know it will get harsher and i am on 18inch wheels but i really dont want it to be too bumpy. I have heard Weitec are similar to the standard ride but im not too sure about that and Koni have been in the business for a long time.

I need advise on which kit will be more comfortable and less harsh. There is only a 5mm difference between the two kits so i assume the height will not make much difference and its more dependant on the kit itself.

Its for my A3 1.9tdi (2002) and 35mm is the highest kit i can find. Is there anyone which does a 30mm kit? Although i must admit i will prefer the look of the 35 or 40mm kits.

Thanks.

Ive got the weitech 40mm kit on my A3, and ive got to say so far I have been pretty impressed. The ride is very much like standard, a little more firm perhaps. Im on 18's too by the way. Would recommend the weitech kit for sure...:icon_thumright:

Hi
It is not the springs that do the dampening , just the height
So if you are looking at some smooth nice rides , may be worth looking at doing the dampers at the same time
Anything around 40 - 60k miles , I would definately look at shockers too , as it is the shockers that wear out
Springs dont , can snap on the odd occasion , but shockers do wear
I had a kit fitted to my car , it had done over 100k and it did feel alot firmer afterwards , but then the shockers was shot
Sarah

I think the issue surrounds people getting in a mucking fuddle between damping and higher spring rates and the effects they have on the car.