Well fellas I think the A3 might be going....

[ QUOTE ]
The only people that have said to me over the last week "what?? You're selling your Audi to buy a Golf" know sweet FA about cars...

[/ QUOTE ]

I've had that too, even from the missus. So Chris Harris's article and the like do help!

I know what i like... i found it in the GTI, not in my A3.
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

[ QUOTE ]
The best opion would be if it was selectable by the owner, so that we could each choose which mode suited us best.

[/ QUOTE ]

It does - if it's in manual, then it shouldn't change up! If it's in auto then it should

I do agree that in manual from a standing start you are changing up continuously, but then if thats a problem, flick it to D or S.

I love my gearbox, but I do really think that it shouldn't change up if its in +/- - all the arguments about engine damage don't seem to count on a conventional manual gearbox then? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/noidea.gif

RIMG2008.jpg

RIMG2009.jpg

RIMG2010.jpg

RIMG2011.jpg

RIMG2013.jpg

RIMG2015.jpg

RIMG2014.jpg

RIMG2017.jpg

RIMG2020.jpg

RIMG2022.jpg

Mark N you absolute fecker!

I've still got 10 more weeks till mine arrives!!!! damn you!!!

And it will look almost the same!

Wow - things have changed here. I thought I was the only one who was /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/swear.gif off with my Audi. I'm going for the 4WD Golf with the 170TDi engine when it comes. Not ready to go back to a 3 series yet, but a bling Audi interior isn't enough to compensate for FWD, soggy handling and a noisy cabin.

Mark - love your new car mate, especially the old school GTi cloth. Looks great in black. How long before you chip it and change the wheels? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

The wheels are staying where they are.. I think they are ****** gorgeous.

I'm waiting on Revo.. when that happens it'll be all systems go I think. It will be one quick car with a remap.

[ QUOTE ]
but a bling Audi interior isn't enough to compensate for FWD, soggy handling and a noisy cabin.

[/ QUOTE ]

Then get a quattro Sline. Is the golf any quieter inside than the A3?

No but its cheaper Eeef. My company policy is a bit tight, but I'll try for a Quattro and see what happens.

Hard to base it on a fair comparison as one is diesel and one is petrol.

I'd say the 2.0T A3 is as quiet as the Golf to be honest.

The Golf really goes around corners A LOT better than my A3 did though.

I see that VW have just annouced the UK prices for the new 250 bhp Golf R32

New Golf R32 - on the road RRPs

Golf R32 V6 4MOTION 3 door manual gearbox £23,745
Golf R32 V6 4MOTION 3 door DSG £25,075
Golf R32 V6 4MOTION 5 door manual gearbox £24,245
Golf R32 V6 4MOTION 5 door DSG £25,575

:

[ QUOTE ]
Wow - things have changed here. I thought I was the only one who was /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/swear.gif off with my Audi. I'm going for the 4WD Golf with the 170TDi engine when it comes. Not ready to go back to a 3 series yet, but a bling Audi interior isn't enough to compensate for FWD, soggy handling and a noisy cabin.

Mark - love your new car mate, especially the old school GTi cloth. Looks great in black. How long before you chip it and change the wheels? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

VW have said the 170 will be released early 2006, with the further possibility of 4 motion models in the future. Personally, they never release all there eggs from the same batch even closely, expect this to around 2007 at the minimum.

I had waited and waited, and just got fed up, so bought a current TDI 4-motion. Good luck.