Well...no one likes this sight do they :( Shes off to hospital!

Av4nt

Reaction score

with no slipping or juddering symptoms beforehand, I noticed last night that it was kinda hard to get into 2/3/4th gear and thought the slave cylinder was about to s*** itself. This morning I pulled away in 2nd gear and a small jolt and clutch pedal went down and decided not to return.

So shes gone to garage to be diagnosed. Im thinking probably the clutch has had it or at least the slave or release bearing has gone. In any case I think it may as well be a full clutch and flywheel change now.

Not looking forward to this bill... any ideas what could be expecting n labour and stock clutch kit? It isnt going to Main dealer!!

Ouch Lewis, not a good day for you. Hope it gets sorted and its not to expensive for you.

and the rest if it's a quattro....not a good day.

Well so far they think its the clutch plate has given in, but because I ma going through AA breakdown repair cover they have to ask permission or have somene out to inspect things before they are authorised to change anything or they wont pay out for anything towards it. (if its a mechanical fault)

I think I saw this today.
My car was in for discs and pads and I noticed the ASN sticker in the rear window.
Reminded me how much I loved my B6 S4.

It's in good hands, I've used those guys for the 15 odd years with my various Audis, VWs and my current Discovery.

Reactions: Av4nt and Sandra
Bosch autotest in Norwich was it @MattS3?
They are awesome bunch yep :)

Managed to get the AA to shell out their £500 in breakdown repair cover as the clutch plate had a massive chunk snapped out of it on one side.

So new Clutch, flywheel, gearbox oil and power steering fluid later... £1486 (£986 for me) ouchies.
But shes back and smooth as anything whoop. Just n time for Castle Coombe lol

Reactions: Sandra
Alot of £ but a favourable result .

Enjoy your new car .

Reactions: Av4nt
Bosch autotest in Norwich was it @MattS3?
They are awesome bunch yep :)

Managed to get the AA to shell out their £500 in breakdown repair cover as the clutch plate had a massive chunk snapped out of it on one side.

So new Clutch, flywheel, gearbox oil and power steering fluid later... £1486 (£986 for me) ouchies.
But shes back and smooth as anything whoop. Just n time for Castle Coombe lol

Yep, David and the guys in there are a proper decent bunch.
Great news to hear you've got it sorted, i had a feeling a £1,500 bill was on the cards, I remember seeing posts before on here and Pistonheads where people were quoting anything between £1.5k and £2k to get clutches sorted in B6 and B7 S4's.
Annoyingly, most of it is labour.

Enjoy the car fella.

Reactions: Sandra
Yep, David and the guys in there are a proper decent bunch.
Great news to hear you've got it sorted, i had a feeling a £1,500 bill was on the cards, I remember seeing posts before on here and Pistonheads where people were quoting anything between £1.5k and £2k to get clutches sorted in B6 and B7 S4's.
Annoyingly, most of it is labour.

Enjoy the car fella.

Indeed it is, which is why I never go to audi for big jobs! 10.5 hour labour job for these clutches. Stuff that at Audi labour prices.
Flywheel hiked the price up a lot though :(

and yeah the guys there are top peeps

Reactions: MattS5