Well that didn’t go to plan!

Stu_b7

Reaction score
Hi guys as you may have read I was in the market to change my steering wheel from a ugly standard wheel to a flat bottom wheel, do got onto the eBay and purchased one with a airbag for £250 all good, went to get it fitted today and although the plug seemed to match up it the wiring is different in the plugs, so I have a nice wheel now but the horn or controls don’t work at the moment!
Will have to try find somewhere that will be able to alter the wiring to make it all work ASAP!
Gutted

Thinking out loud here but has anyone thought about paying someone to mod an existing wheel and make it flat bottomed?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

You see these old guys on certain tv shows making new wheels for cars wonder if it's possible with our cars.

Thinking out loud here but has anyone thought about paying someone to mod an existing wheel and make it flat bottomed?

The place I went to today also do make wheels and modify them to be flat bottom but still not keen on the huge ugly air bags on them
Controlcustomsuk on Instagram they are called

Hi guys as you may have read I was in the market to change my steering wheel from a ugly standard wheel to a flat bottom wheel, do got onto the eBay and purchased one with a airbag for £250 all good, went to get it fitted today and although the plug seemed to match up it the wiring is different in the plugs, so I have a nice wheel now but the horn or controls don’t work at the moment!
Will have to try find somewhere that will be able to alter the wiring to make it all work ASAP!
Gutted
Could probably arrange that to be done, albeit at a cost but best to whatsapp if required.

Reactions: Charlie Farley
Have a read of this:

There's diagrams in there detailing how to modify the existing A4 loom.
I did it with mine and all works well.

ta
Mike

Reactions: tr7
Have a read of this:

There's diagrams in there detailing how to modify the existing A4 loom.
I did it with mine and all works well.

ta
Mike
This

Chap I bought my wheel off did mine, said it wasn't complicated

Unfortunately I’m a plumber and any kind of wiring does not go well with me so will have to leave it to someone who knows what they are doing otherwise I will mess it up badly I feel!