Welsh hybrid build - Like a phoenix?

When was the haldex oil last changed? I had similar and changed my oil and filter... appears to have gone away... for now at least

<tuffty/>

When was the haldex oil last changed? I had similar and changed my oil and filter... appears to have gone away... for now at least

<tuffty/>
That's a good question Paul....I'll have a look at the pile of receipts i got with the car. I've not done an oil change myself, but then again I've only done about 2000 miles in it since I've had it!

Do it for peace of mind...you can get the bits from GSF at the weekend with the 41% off code... whatever it is this weekend... :)

<tuffty/>

Upload 2016 7 8 9 35 30

So, yesterday I started putting stuff BACK IN the interior after stripping it all out!

After driving the car for the first time on the motorway to get to @badger5 last week, I realised that much of the sound deadening came from the door panels and when they aren't fitted there isn't any draft-proofing (and hence most of the noise/draft).

The original heavy leather panels have gone so I found some tatty A3 ones - they were rough but it didn't matter because they were going to be cannibalised.

I cut the top rail cap (the bit you put your arm on) and about 2 inches the whole of the way around the edge out with a jigsaw. The clips and everything to hold it on the door is still there - it's just the middle that is now missing.

I used a half-size 4x2 sheet of lightweight hardboard to replace the material that i had cut out. Using my magic hot glue gun and car body filler, I glued, filled and sanded until it was good enough to cover with speaker box type carpet.

Photo 1

I used spray adhesive to stick on the carpet on - then moved to the passenger side panel.
I left them to dry last night, so will fit them today and post a pic of them fitted.

Reactions: Rainbird
Pics of the fitted panels. I don't think they look too bad. The top caps just need a bit of cleaning and bit of Amour-all.
Photo 1 Photo 2 Photo 3

I've ordered some drilled aluminium door pulls, so they'll be fitted on Friday.

The kit comes with 3 nozzles - I fitted the medium nozzle. I welded a boss in to the intercooler pipework when it was fabricated, about 6 inches after the outlet of the intercooler.

I swapped the medium nozzle for the small one when it was on the dyno - The medium nozzle was too much and messing with the fuelling.

I'm having a bit of a wobble this week! - I'm thinking about breaking the S3 to start another project.

I've got my eye on a building a 20V Haldex powered Golf after I saw a gorgeous example at Badger5 during my remap. My mate has a shell I can use as a base, but it's going to be a lot of work......

Not 100% sure yet, but I'll let you all know what I decide. There might be lots of parts going, depending on whether I go BT or stick with the Hybrid.

:grimacing:

I have made the decision to break the S3 - I'm planning to go down a different VAG route with a new project.

All parts are available and open to sensible offers! Please PM me with any requests.

I'm still planning to go to ADI, so that might be an ideal opportunity to hand over any purchases and save on couriers?

I have made the decision to break the S3 - I'm planning to go down a different VAG route with a new project.

All parts are available and open to sensible offers! Please PM me with any requests.

I'm still planning to go to ADI, so that might be an ideal opportunity to hand over any purchases and save on couriers?

Could you stick a thread in the classifieds and link to it here mate please? this will move all the 'I have pm'd you' thread bumps to that rather than this one else it will be just as bad as running a for sale thread in the main section :)

Ta

<tuffty/>