Went for boost leak test and found this bad boy ! Pic inside

TDI140

Reaction score

Nice big split in the hose that is on the outlet of the turbo housing, fitted hose and car made 225bhp and 341ft lb

So I guess Forge wasn't at fault then :p

Reactions: TDI140
Wow. :eek:
Random question - What sorta 0-60 you getting with your setup? That torque is amazing!

I've changed that hose on my car two weeks ago too.
In my case though that wasn't the source of the hissing noise. It was the pipe between the turbo and EGR cooler.

is it possible to have boost leak without limp mode?What are the symptoms?

Yes, depends on the severity of the leak though, if its extreme then of course limp occurs, but minor it may just seem a little of key as such as its based the fuel levels on the air intake which it isn't receiving due to the leak, ideally it needs leak testing to be sure.

Thanks NHN i feel stupid now lol although Forge coupler was also leaking a little but was mainly that i appologise to forge lol, ive loads of couplers and will fit forge hose back on, also dyno'd again and got increase from 217bhp 341ft lb to 225bhp 341ft lb
8bhp increase but no more torque, every bhp increase is a happy moment :-D

Wow. :eek:
Random question - What sorta 0-60 you getting with your setup? That torque is amazing!
not sure 0-60 peak torque is at 2300rpm ao clutch survives also only smokes after peak torque kicks in im happy with resukt at the moment

is it possible to have boost leak without limp mode?What are the symptoms?
the pipe that had split on mine in the first post i had no lights on the dash but boost gauge would not show more than 5psi so wasn't holding boost at all then was smoking a lot under acceleration also jerking a lot nearly un drivable

the pipe that had split on mine in the first post i had no lights on the dash but boost gauge would not show more than 5psi so wasn't holding boost at all then was smoking a lot under acceleration also jerking a lot nearly un drivable

Now did it stop smoking?

Smokes still but thats due to remap over fueling but i have oil sitting in exhaust from turbo blowing up so it smoke more than usual but then again its a TDI so im ok with it lol

Clean out exhaust, I used a cleaner from a agricultural company in Italy & cleaned it all out perfectly & no cat issues, smoking lasted seconds due to cleaning the whole lot out, never did it since.

I have to cat so no prob there, will clean it out at some point as it comes off in pieces as its milltek

Hi guys

same issue i have with some oil in the xhaust due to a blownnturbo...all is fixed now, though i'm experiencing a serious loss of power n boost (replaced boost pipenthat a leak) so am thinking maybe its a faulty EGR...am i thinking in the right direction?

Hi guys

same issue i have with some oil in the xhaust due to a blownnturbo...all is fixed now, though i'm experiencing a serious loss of power n boost (replaced boost pipenthat a leak) so am thinking maybe its a faulty EGR...am i thinking in the right direction?
In what way is car down on power ? If its not picking up very well then it sounds like boost leak so u need to test the boost hoses with smoke machine also if its making a dump valve kind off noise its definately boost leak, oil will take a good 6mo ths to clear out or can be cleaned out with cleaner as mentioned above in a previous comment also you shpuld make sure all hoses are inserted into pipes properly as could be leaking from there aswel

its not as quick n responsive as before, especially when it shifts into4th, 5th n 6th gears and when i put foot down so it change dwn to a lower gear (dsg) ....uphills are battle now, n that shudnt be when u driving a tdi:lmfao: a week ago audi dealer changed a boost pipe coz it had a leak and a flap motor /throttle body....thnx for ur feedback, think i'll check for boost hoses leak again....

Egr pipe under the IMF at front of engie. Might not be sutting flush with IMF housing