Wet Tyres? All Weather Tyres?

metricspaces

Reaction score
I've been searching through the forum to see what tyres people use and the following two seem to be the most popular

- michelin pilot sport ps2's

- Goodyear Eagle F1 GSD3

I took a look these tyres online and they say that they are dry weather tyres?

I'm looking for tyres to use all year round in wet\dry conditions for my Avus 17's - would these tyres be any good in the wet? What do you guys use?

I drive about 50miles a day to work, 35 - 40 of this would be motorway driving.

What would you guys recommend?

I currently have

- Michelin Pilot MXM HX 91W at the front
- BF Goodrich, G.Force 91 Y at the back

The back ones have 5mm depth so I'm thinking of just sticking two BF Goodrich on the front.

Or I could switch the BF Goodrich to the front, and stick two Goodyear on the back. Then when the Goodrich wear out, move the Goodyear from the back on to the front, and stick two new Goodyear on the rear.

What you guys think?

Continental contact sport 2's excellent in everything, but the longevity is to be questioned. Saying that, I have done 7k with about another 7k left in them i'd reckon.

Uniroyal Rainsports are excellent in the wet.

Anyone any experience with BF Goodrich? Especially in the wet?

I've got two of these in the back. So I'm thinking that I'll just stick another two in the front.

I run the Goodyear Eagle F1s on my Avus 17's and can't fault them in the wet or the dry. I know that you can get better summer tyres like the R888's but as an all round tyre I'm very happy with them.

Anyone any experience with BF Goodrich? Especially in the wet?

I've got two of these in the back. So I'm thinking that I'll just stick another two in the front.

Yeah, I used to use BF Goodrich when I had 17s. They're pretty good in the wet [considering I was on 8x17 rims which is 1.5" wider than stock]. When I got my 18s I went for some yokos as I don't belive in skimping on tyres :happy:

Thing about wide wheels is they look great and are better on dry roads but in wet weather [as is usually the case in england] thinner rims with good tyres on tend to be better for grip.

I've just fitted avon zz3's on my 18"'s they are almost the same as the F1's but cheaper. The guy who fitted them said that it is gonna be illegal to sell directional tyres soon because they cause noise pollution, thats what the government says lol!

i had 4 bf goodrich profiler g's on mt s3 and i can say that they were excellent all weather tyres with a pretty good wear rate. i would definately have them again.

Id say either of those two really, once had P6000's on my Bora TDi and after the remap in the wet it just span in 1st, 2nd and 3rd, was anyooying! changed for GSD3's and was fine.

Had Pilots on my Golf and were fine in the wet and dry