"We've yet to see Mercedes team-mates enjoy a straight fight"

45bvtc

The Older I Get The Better I Was
Supporter
Gold Supporter
Reaction score
"We've yet to see Mercedes team-mates enjoy a straight fight"

These comments really do make me laugh!

Been having a sample subscription to Autosport and there in today's issue is that unbelievable statement: "We've yet to see Mercedes team-mates enjoy a straight fight"

Pathetic! What a pathetic statement - by Karum Chandock; what a waste of paper and ink...

For me, the race/any F1 race begins with Practice #1 and finishes at the end of 200-miles and/or 2-hours and I don't give a tinkers cuss who wins, period.

That we, us Brits, give 'Hamilton' the be all and end all god like drivel is stupid! Wanted to say '****' but didn't.

Hamilton does not make 'the' race, 'a' race, or 'any' bl**dy race. Might as well say; here you go Lewis, don't get the miseries this weekend, again; you've won this time so happy face 'Lewis', happy face... :sadlike:

It's like anyone with a Union ****** Jack stamped on his **** just must/has to win; and life ain't like that for me; and never has been; is it for any of you?

I want to see a R A C E! And I don't care who wins! But we need a 'level playing field' and this hollow "We've yet to see Mercedes team-mates enjoy a straight fight" **** is not a race for me because the 'race' began at Practice #1.

But if it is for you then let's just say Hamilton is the very, very, very best, ever, ever; and leave it at that.

I for one can enjoy an afternoon in the sun and not get smacked around by RS3copilot who's a Hamilton supporter, tsk; sorry... Not.

If Hamilton is sooooo good, and I doubt that, let's see him in a **** (technical term) car and then see how good he is; cos for sure, in the BEST bl**dy Mercedes he just ain't been much use to the Mercedes team this year....

Over to you Hamilton lurves...

Reactions: Ghost and Scottyg
:friends:But he has been over the past two years and two world championships. :whip:

True, but that does bring into question Monza 2015 when Rosberg missed the chicane once for Hamilton to catch up and the second time for Hamilton to go by; no one I know believes that was genuine; tooth fairies maybe, but that was embarrassingly - for Mercedes - bad....

Reactions: Scottyg
Time will tell if Nico can handle the pressure. He's not been able to up until now, whether that's conspiracy theories or not. There's also the possibility of Nico getting his fair share of mechanical issues. Vettel and Hamilton have had their fair share so far. It's a very long season this year. Plenty time for things to heat up.:sign yum:

Reactions: RS3copilot and 45bvtc
In a straight fight I believe Hamilton would win, period, and I've said that before as he's a risk-all to win driver, however,completing 200-miles and/or 2-hours is a different issue and in that I still maintain Rosberg is the stronger - subject to team orders of course. In 2014 and 2015 Hamilton was paid ooodles more than Rosberg and no way would the Mercedes board have wanted the 'cheap' guy winning

F1 is way more than cars on the track...
thVRXIOeCIe6Cd2FsTawNSA2FVJfP9U.gif
And that's why I like it from the drivers press conference to the packing up at the end of the race and the moving on... :superman:

And nothing we humble bu**ers think matters :yahoo: Suns still out, it's been a great day...

Does seem strange though how as soon as Hamilton won the championship then Rosberg has beaten him ever since, no such thing as team orders though of course!

TX.

Reactions: Scottyg, RS3copilot and 45bvtc
Stick Vettel in a Merc and see how either Rosberg or Hamilton get on.

Rumour has it (from a friend in Germany) that Hamilton is still trying to get into a Ferrari; but, considering Hamilton's previous friendliness to team mates and internal team disruptions, I don't see Maurizio Arrivabene (or Sebastian) agreeing to that; even Christian Horner didn't submit to the Hamilton grovel to join Red Bull. I don't see Hamilton going anywhere else and that's a shame as it would be good to see him 'build' a team for a change. Then again, if you've a car with 10% more energy than anyone else why go anywhere else...

Still like to see Driver Championship points for qualifying and then draw grid positions from Bernie's sun hat...

When Hamilton moved to Merc did they not have a season down in the midfield? Hamilton finishing 4th in the championship. So in that season how much help did Hamilton and Rosberg have in the building of the new car? Not the engine but set-up etc etc. In effect, Hamilton has assisted with a team coming through the field.

Reactions: RS3copilot
When Hamilton moved to Merc did they not have a season down in the midfield? Hamilton finishing 4th in the championship. So in that season how much help did Hamilton and Rosberg have in the building of the new car? Not the engine but set-up etc etc. In effect, Hamilton has assisted with a team coming through the field.

Hmmmm; I'll give you that one Scott... :yes:

Free Practice ONE in Barcelona and it's: Ferrari, Ferrari; Mercedes (Rosberg again!), Mercedes; Red Bull, Red Bull: and one of them Red Bull drivers ain't ever driven a Red Bull before so in 30-minutes Verstappen's one and a half tenths behind his team mate

Drivers need to change teams and cars more often... :racer:

Reactions: Ghost and Scottyg
Unfortunately that will never happen. As Pat Simmins from Williams said this morning, 'teams need stability to work well together and develop and I think Red Bull were a little hard of Kyvat'.
Again, formula one is all about money and sponsorship. If the ravings boring, they don't really care. It been pretty boring for the last 6-8 years. But we all still watch it and love it. Change or lack of doesn't really affect the viewing figures.

Reactions: Ghost
Make sure it's a hard enough hit that he can't type for the remainder of the weekend. :friends::stupid::slap:

Reactions: RS3copilot and Ghost
Rumour has it (from a friend in Germany) that Hamilton is still trying to get into a Ferrari; but, considering Hamilton's previous friendliness to team mates and internal team disruptions, I don't see Maurizio Arrivabene (or Sebastian) agreeing to that; even Christian Horner didn't submit to the Hamilton grovel to join Red Bull. I don't see Hamilton going anywhere else and that's a shame as it would be good to see him 'build' a team for a change. Then again, if you've a car with 10% more energy than anyone else why go anywhere else...

Still like to see Driver Championship points for qualifying and then draw grid positions from Bernie's sun hat...

If Vettel is totally confident in his own abilities then he should have nothing to fear if Hamilton joined him at Ferrari. As they say, keep you friends close but your enemies closer!

Must be an omen; Seb's finger fell off the garage wall during practice #2

The finger Sebastian

Got a feeling, could start a song with that line, the Ferrari's will give Merc's a big fright this weekend.

Reactions: 45bvtc
WOW! Verstappen...

Practice #3 done and quicker than Ricciardo - who'd have though that

Rosberg fastest again and who'd have thought that, hey Karum Chandock... :racer:

Wee Max might pull something faster out the bag when it matters. Daniel might have a tougher fight than he thought. Game on.

Got a feeling, could start a song with that line, the Ferrari's will give Merc's a big fright this weekend.

No worries, the 'finger's back on the wall now, Scott (hope you're well)

Hands Capture

Happy days. Lewis back where he belongs. Max looking good as is Ricardo. Interesting race day tomorrow. Ferrari dropping back.

Happy days. Lewis back where he belongs. Max looking good as is Ricardo. Interesting race day tomorrow. Ferrari dropping back.

Nobody 'belongs' Scott; that said, one of the best Practice #1, #2, #3, and Qualifying for a looooong time. Ain't that Verstappen something else, Ricciardo had to pull out all the stops to prevent certain embarrassment.

And a smiley little face at the end! :yahoo: Ah, sweeeeeet; and the SKY F1 pundits are now happy bunnies, too... :sadlike:

An interesting race expected tomorrow - get them feet up Scott - and again I don't care who wins, it's the getting there that's important; go Sebastian... :whistle2:

Be saying me prayers tonight - 'please let Hamilton win!'

Don't want to see another bottle of champagne left unopened... :yahoo:

Rosberg's going to get his **** felt over this!
Lewis up the inside. Rules state Rosberg must leave a cars width. He didn't. Lewis has every right to deck him!

The straight race you was after lasted 4 corners! :laugh:

Didn't get to the 4th corner jojo - this was the 4th corner sandpit:

Hamiltons steering wheel

And that's Hamilton's steering wheel
36_12_6.gif

Just to repeat post #19 above: WOW! Verstappen...
smileyfaceapplausegif_zps0lew9opx.gif

Lewis up the inside. Rules state Rosberg must leave a cars width. He didn't. Lewis has every right to deck him!

Hmmmm, thinks, remembers... Hamilton, Rosberg, 2014 Spa...

HR 1

Hey, Lewis; I'm along side so please give me some room:

HR 2

Love it, makes sitting inside on a sunny day worthwhile (Hi Scott)...
file004MA29538908-0021.gif

The difference with this is that Lewis stayed on the racing line in Spa. Rosberg wasn't by a long way, and as per the rules should have left a cars width as Lewis' front end was level with his back wheels. Have you seen the footage from Nico's car? He was fiddling with his steering wheel as well!! I think Rosberg may need to take this one on the chin.

Racing line was on the left too so moving over that far to block Lewis seems well OTT. Lewis could have left it until later though tbf.

TX.

The difference with this is that Lewis stayed on the racing line in Spa. Rosberg wasn't by a long way, and as per the rules should have left a cars width as Lewis' front end was level with his back wheels. Have you seen the footage from Nico's car? He was fiddling with his steering wheel as well!! I think Rosberg may need to take this one on the chin.

Niki Laudi didn't see it that way, today; Hamilton was just pi**ed he lost it at the start, again...

Love it, love it, love it; 2-weeks to Monaco...

Lauda may be proved wrong. Nico was in the wrong mode as he didn't have full power out of turn 3, signalled by the light flashing at the back of his car, hence Lewis being so much faster. Rosberg was so far off the racing line it was laughable. Distracted by Lewis, distracted by his own steering wheel, distracted by his lack of power.

Lauda may be proved wrong. Nico was in the wrong mode as he didn't have full power out of turn 3, signalled by the light flashing at the back of his car, hence Lewis being so much faster. Rosberg was so far off the racing line it was laughable. Distracted by Lewis, distracted by his own steering wheel, distracted by his lack of power.

2-weeks to Monaco... :racer: