"We've yet to see Mercedes team-mates enjoy a straight fight"

:busted cop:My apologies. I meant a line of cars going round and round in the same order for 60 odd laps and the one at the front wins. :racer:

Reactions: 45bvtc
:busted cop:My apologies. I meant a line of cars going round and round in the same order for 60 odd laps and the one at the front wins. :racer:

To win you have to finish and the race always starts with Practice #1 and by Practice #2 much of the 'form' has been decided; the race, if all goes well, is proof of practice performance. In the end it proved a good race for the 'also rans' happy that Mercedes weren't out in front - as Bernie told Martin Brundle on the grid, wanting to plant a bomb into each of the Mercedes.

Who'd have thought Red Bull with an engine they really didn't want at the end of last season would have achieved the results they did, and beat the Ferrari's, too; amazing...

And as for Verstappen, just incredible; such pace, such control, brilliant!

For sure nobody will call the Spanish Grand Prix of 2016 boring...

Reactions: Scottyg
True. For even more racing!!

Just in- stewards have said its a racing incident. No one at fault!

The stewards’ statement in full:

The incident concerned started when Car 6 dropped into an incorrect power mode, as set by the driver prior to the start. This created a significant power differential between Car 6 and Car 44 at the exit of Turn 3 coming onto the straight, resulting in as much as a 17kph speed difference between the two cars on the straight. Car 6 moved to the right to defend his position, as is his right under Art 27.7 of the Sporting regulations. Simultaneously Car 44 as the significantly faster car with, at that time, apparent space on the inside, moved to make the pass. Art 27.7 requires the leading driver to leave room, if there is a "significant portion" of the car attempting to pass alongside. Car 44 had a portion of his front wing inside Car 6 small fractions of a second prior to Car 44 having to leave the right side of the track to avoid an initial collision, which may have led him to believe he had the right to space on the right. Once on the grass on the side of the track Car 44 was no longer in control of the situation.

Having heard extensively from both drivers and from the team, the Stewards determined that Car 6 had the right to make the maneuver that he did and that Car 44’s attempt to overtake was reasonable, and that the convergence of events led neither driver to be wholly or predominantly at fault, and therefore take no further action.

Reactions: RS3copilot, Scottyg and jojo
3-days (Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday) and it's the Thursday practice day for the Monaco GP weekend and with Hamilton apologising almost immediately - to anyone and everyone for the Barcelona shunt - Nico still hasn't...
Love it!
:yahoo:

Nico apologising? Don't be daft. He would then need to admit he was possibly in the wrong. That would never happen. :whistle2::whip:

Nico apologising? Don't be daft. He would then need to admit he was possibly in the wrong. That would never happen. :whistle2::whip:

Similarly, how or when ever has Hamilton been wrong? Ron Dennis can name a few... :superman:

Good morning, Scott; I'm much, much better today....

Sounds like it! You were being nice to Hamilton yesterday! :whistle2:

Count down to Monaco is on.

Wouldn't it be funny if a Ferrari or Redbull won the championship by a point or something at the end of the season, if these two keep going at it like they are now? Can you imagine a scenario where Lewis has nothing to drive for in the last race, and Nico must win the race to secure the title, but Lewis is in the lead. Do you think he will let him by, or run him off the track? :D

If there's no team orders then I'd bet Lewis would hang him out to dry.

What's Scottish for rubbish! :yahoo: Fact is that throughout their careers they've both been equally competitive and spilt by so little and their 'lap' and/or 'race' times show that; the difference is, and I've said it before, Hamilton is prepared to risk ALL to win (as demonstrated yet again in Barcelona between corners 3 and 4 of the first lap) where as Rosberg fully understands the need to complete the race distance

And Rosberg's always been quicker in Monaco - and won for the last THREE Monaco races - so get them hankies out... :blownose:

John's definitely back on form. Rubbish in Scottish? Don't talk *****!!!:blahblah1:

Rosberg was equally at fault, I'd argue more so, for the Barcelona incident and he's held his hands up to that. Little cry baby Nico hasn't.

I predict front two rows as Hamilton, Rosberg, Max and Vettel. In no particular order. :friends:

And Rosberg's always been quicker in Monaco - and won for the last THREE Monaco races - so get them hankies out... :blownose:

He was not the fastest last year John, he was handed the victory buy the teams mistake to bring Lewis in for tyres on a safety car! But of course a win is a win! Lewis for pole next weekend, then lose the race on the start again! :laugh:

Reactions: 45bvtc and Scottyg

so get them hankies out!! LMAO
laugh.gif

Reactions: Scottyg and 45bvtc
He was not the fastest last year John, he was handed the victory buy the teams mistake to bring Lewis in for tyres on a safety car! But of course a win is a win! Lewis for pole next weekend, then lose the race on the start again! :laugh:

Notice how it's always "The Team's" mistake when Hamilton loses and ALWAYS Hamilton's brilliance when he wins; even Hamilton believes the same... :blahblah1:

Last edited:
John's definitely back on form. Rubbish in Scottish? Don't talk *****!!!:blahblah1:

Rosberg was equally at fault, I'd argue more so, for the Barcelona incident and he's held his hands up to that. Little cry baby Nico hasn't.

I predict front two rows as Hamilton, Rosberg, Max and Vettel. In no particular order. :friends:

I'm really going for Max; maybe put one of my crinkled Clydesdale bank notes on it... :superman:

He was not the fastest last year John, he was handed the victory buy the teams mistake to bring Lewis in for tyres on a safety car! But of course a win is a win!

I agree with John, (this time) Lewis called to come in for tyres, wasn’t down to the team.
….and he slowed down too much under safety car
:shrug:

was a bad day at the office for Lewis

f1-monaco-gp-2015-podium-second-place-sebastian-vettel-ferrari-ferrari-sf15-t-and-winner-n.jpg

f1-monaco-gp-2015-podium-second-place-sebastian-vettel-ferrari-ferrari-sf15-t-and-winner-n.jpg

And you've managed to give RS3copilot the giggles, Spooky; though she'll not admit it, not ever, ever...

She's conjuring up a suitable response now....
typing_sml666663.gif
To be posted later...

Just for you Ghost: my new desktop photo par excellence:

P1030501

Reactions: Scottyg and Ghost

I don't know what to say - you shouldn't encourage him with photos like that Ghost. I have enough to put up with as it is. :sadlike:

Reactions: 45bvtc, Scottyg and Ghost
That photo was taken at the perfect time.
On the counter, Nico never congratulates the team first. I actually think he's more self-centred than Lewis.
The two best interviewees are Vettel and Max. Vettel, for a German, is brilliantly sarcastic. I know he loves Monty Python etc but his wee one liners are superb! Nico hasn't got a clue what he's on about.
Does Max ever lose his cool? They definitely have the monopoly on the smilers in the paddock at Red Bull.
Out of the 4 I said earlier I do really hope it's Max and Vettel on the front row and let Nico and Lewis battle it out. See if they can harass a 18 year old? :box::boxing::wtf:

Just hope there none of this on Saturday or Sunday.

Should say, this was Sunday and the Red Bull Ring.

Should say, this was Sunday and the Red Bull Ring.

I think I started to watch this, but went out.
Bad crash, hope they get that dust trap sorted.

Interesting Drivers Press Conference today. Vettel his usual humorous self. Great to see him answer how he dealt with a coming together with a team mate honestly. "I had a word with Mark"!! Nico "blah blah blah blah'. Palmer- "I spoke to Kevin and we're all good". Nico- "blah blah blah"!! Loved the guy from The Mirror just keep digging away at Nico trying to word his question differently everytime. Still didn't bite. Boring! Loved Max's response to the 'if you were the Team Principal what would you be saying to you and Lewis'....Max jumps in with "keep going for it"! Nico's response, "you would say that"! God he's boring!
The ultra soft tyre option will be interesting. Or as Vettel said "it's like a rabbit on a first date, it's good but doesn't last long". PMSL!

What's your summary @45bvtc ??

Reactions: 45bvtc and jojo
I love Vettel and I bet he eats rabbit; we both sat there and laughed, brilliant...

I thought Rosberg did very well and retained his council; and his reaction interesting when Verstappen claimed the new engine would give them 0.5 seconds per lap. Monaco should be an interesting event.

Preview tonight on SKY F1 but that'll be a Hamilton charity event with most of the presenters being rabbits still with wet hankies; I wonder who they'd blame if some errant white-van-man smacked 'em up the boot of their hire car on the way to the circuit...

How were the chips? Not that I want to know... :sadlike:

Off to get me hair cut by a 69-year old hedge trimmer...

NO chips!!!!! How could she! BAD girl...

But then again I know; Judith started the 'forget' game and the the chip pan disappeared; I think ALL women are related, programmed with the same don't-let-'em'-have-it plan; the only fun I get out of the situation is the "where's me chips video":