Whare are these tubes? Where do they go?

AudiC

A4 2.0
Reaction score
Hey, my friend thought it would be funny to pull off random tubes on my engine to, and I quote, "see what happens'. In doing so he has managed to snap one of the tubes as it was as brittle as glass. Has anyone got any idea what they do, where they go and how I can replace them?

Thanks - Connor.
Pictures Below

20190216 181749

Screenshot 20190217 215543 Video Player

It’s the crankcase and rocker breather system. You will end up with oil everywhere if you run it like it

It’s the crankcase and rocker breather system. You will end up with oil everywhere if you run it like it

Oh God no I'd never run it like this, my next question is how can I find part numbers for these? Google searching seems to be giving me a thousand different options for what is apparently the same part

Oh God no I'd never run it like this, my next question is how can I find part numbers for these? Google searching seems to be giving me a thousand different options for what is apparently the same part

What’s your engine code year and size mate

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What parts you need mate ?
78ab5b3d41062d63592e53372661e5c9.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

that's actually a REALLY interesting diagram, I'd love to know where you can access something like that. Only trouble is, that isn't the same engine as mine which is a little worrying, mine has 2 tubes with the same adaptor as the pipe on part #25

Give the website ago mate you may have to do a bit of searching on the pages as it’s not all kept together under the subjects. One you find what you need there’s a list of part numbers below the images. Then all you gotta do is call the stealership lol. Or you can call them and they will be able to send you images as well while on the phone that’s what that do for me anyways. But they won’t give you part numbers they will only let you give them part numbers they are a bit strange like that