What’s new with tyres this winter?

rezulteo

Site Sponsor
Site Sponsor
Reaction score
Website
www.rezulteo-tyres.co.uk
Winter is fast approaching and like every year, it’s time to start thinking about winter tyres. Especially since this year, scientists are predicting that Europe could see its coldest winter in 100 years (we’ll see what happens;)). So, if you are thinking about buying tyres this season, we have prepared an overview of recently launched winter tyres. This topic will be kept up to date when there is something new ;)

The Pirelli Winter Sottozero 3

pirelli_winter_sottozero_3_profil_a.jpg

Representing the 3rd generation of Sottozero tyres, the Winter Sottozero 3 is an ultra high performance (UHP) tyre that targets medium and large sized cars.
Pirelli is offering a safe tyre with a new tread compound that delivers optimum performance over a wide range of temperatures. The directional tread and arrow shaped centre rib means this tyre can deliver maximum traction on snow covered roads.

> Find out more about the Pirelli Winter Sottozero 3

The Firestone WinterHawk 3

firestone_winterhawk_3_a.jpg

Firestone also likes the number 3! As the successor to the WinterHawk 2, the WinterHawk 3 delivers vast improvements in a wide range of performances. For starters, the redesigned tread pattern has more blocks and new sipes enabling the Winterhawk 3 to deliver up to 9% more traction on power and packed snow. According to Firestone, the Winterhawk 3 offers an extended tyre life that delivers up to 30% more miles. 6% lighter, the tyre’s rolling resistance is reduced by 2%.

> Find out more about the Firestone Winterhawk 3 (technology, dimensions, prices…)

The Vredestein Wintrac Xtreme S

vredestein_wintrac_xtreme_s_a.jpg

Who says that cold, snow and ice should stop us from having a sporty ride? Certainly not Vredestein. Once again, the Dutch tyre manufacturer is back with a high performance tyre, but this time designed for winter. Available with a speed rating up to Y (300 km/h), it perfectly fits the fastest cars, but also those that are a little slower. On the technology side, the Wintrac Xtreme S is extremely effective in rain and on snow free surfaces thanks to the Internal Sipe Locking technology (promise, we won’t ask you to repeat it ;)).

> Find out more about the Vredestein Wintac Xtreme S (technology, dimensions, prices…)

> >> And which tyres are you going to opt for this winter? << <

Reactions: PAULF and 45bvtc
The tread pattern on the Vredestien looks exactly like the Dunlop Winter Sport 3D's that have been out for ages!

My choice of winter rubber also has a relation to the number '3'.

I opted for Nokian WR A3 last year....never even heard of the make Nokian before I started shopping for winter rubber tbh but I think the reviews speak for themselves.

Nokian WR A3 | the Nokian WR A3 reviewed and rated | the online tyre guide

Nokian WR A3

Would definitely recommend them and can't wait for the temperature to drop that little bit more so I can use them properly :)

DON'T THINK about winter tyres, DO IT!

CAN you NOT see the difference?

13_Wintertyreson-1.jpg

Winter tyres can get you to places "SAFELY"... and "HOME" again...

RS36_Snow_zpsf3b5464c.jpg

BLUEYSNOWRS3749_zps1aab39e0.jpg

It's your life, and that of your family, and that of your car... you KNOW it makes sense...

NO POCKETS IN SHROUDS... :kissmyrings:

Last edited:
Reactions: A4_MaJiK, davc, PAULF and 2 others
My choice of winter rubber also has a relation to the number '3'.

I opted for Nokian WR A3 last year....never even heard of the make Nokian before I started shopping for winter rubber tbh but I think the reviews speak for themselves.

Nokian WR A3 | the Nokian WR A3 reviewed and rated | the online tyre guide

Nokian WR A3

Would definitely recommend them and can't wait for the temperature to drop that little bit more so I can use them properly :)

Well Nokian is an excellent manufacturer when it comes to winter tyres. He actually invented the winter tyre ;) And you said the reviews and tests speak for themselves !

The tread pattern on the Vredestien looks exactly like the Dunlop Winter Sport 3D's that have been out for ages!
Really ? Dunlop SP Winter Sport 3D Winter . Price, tests, comparison, where to buy.

=> Most of the winter tyres are using a directional tread pattern (V-shaped). But the tread pattern isn't the only element that matters about a tyre. Chemical compounds, rubber, internal structure... there are a lot of things that make differents 2 tyres, even if they look similars.