What a car this is

TTpilot

Reaction score
I just came back from a trip to the beach, this was the first time I took my TT on a long drive like this one since I bought it 3 years ago.
The city I live in is about 3 hours away from the beach, at "normal" speeds with a family car.
You have to cross a lot of mountains on a very winding road.
I only did one hour and forty five minutes! I was doing 240 kms per hour on the straight highway and was taking the curves as I never did on a car, between 130 and 150 kms per hour, my car was awsome, it sticked to the road like chewing gum.
I never thought this cars could handle it so well.
Congratulations to everyone who has a TT. It is an amazing and fun car.

joel glad you like it, dont go to mad though with the speed as you never know whats round that corner that your sticking to, must admit you have to go mad in them though every couple of days lol

I know is dangerous driving at those speeds, but I had to push it to the limits just once to see how my car handled.

[ QUOTE ]
I know is dangerous driving at those speeds, but I had to push it to the limits just once to see how my car handled.

[/ QUOTE ]

Its not dangerous! Just get your skills up to scratch and enjoy. If you wobble around at 30mph for ages, then 60 mph is scary.....Anyone who has spent time driving autobahns at 120 + will say that 70 is pedestrian. Dont slow down, just drive better! Its all relative. Keep pushing... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/woohoo.gif

Argue your lmitations and they're yours.........

rickquattro you prob think im stalking you if you have read my other post but dont try to egg some one on mate as thats dangerous, cant believe your last post on this thred mate as your encouraging someone to push there limits, joel if you read this dont go out on main roads to push yourself to the limits, try going to a local circuit for a track day to see how fast you can go and even then dont push yourself to the limit on main roads as you will be looking for trouble and if trouble finds you...........
rick think what your printing mate

Hi Bainsyboy, I think we may have put Joel off a bit, hope he is still around...I don't know how you managed it but you pressed all the wrong buttons here.

Joel, I am going to take some liberties here, hope you dont mind...

Will I change what I said in the post? Absolutely no way. I stand by everything that I said. I want to live my life rather than dribble through it, and that doesn't mean tearing around all the time. I found my throttle is not an on/off switch, it does have some intermediate settings. God save me from the thought police....

I had two days to think about this without access to a password for A S net....I was going to write a load of stuff but its not worth it.

Bainsy, go back to the top and find out what we actually know from Joel...then look at your posts (TT tdi Tangle as well) What do we know from you... There are a lot of gaps in the info that have been filled in with assumptions to provide your advice. Skill/weather/road condition/age/passengers/previous argument with partner, to name a few.

***, I 'll credit Joel with at least the basic ability to think and make decisions for himself.....Would you drive your car into a wall if someone on this forum said you should?

I will credit you though with four words: "Do A Track Day" and find the limits of your skill firstly, and the vehicle second.

Joel, sounds like you had a great day out and enjoyed the drive! What you wrote comes across as if your really fired up about your trip. The TT is a great drivers car, go drive!

rick where do i find it mate im like obi wan kenobi today mate

i cant find it rick but my advice would be should have got a nissan skyline and chipped it up big time i hope this helps

cheers rick, ill let you into a secret it was me in the robin reliant listening to me kenny rogers collection in me phillips 8 track cassette player, the daft nuftys kept going for it but stood no chance up against ye olde reliant ,especially after i had put some wynns carb cleaner in it

You speak about a superb handling in that TT you drove.

When the TT was first produced, there were some big problems with the handling.

Some time later, Audi resolved those "problems" and the TT became a wonderfull handling car (just like you said).

My question is this: Can any one tell me when were the "revised" TT's produced?

(sorry the bad english)

No idea when they started to manufacture the revised one mate, but if I remember correctly all previous cars were recalled to have a boot spoiler and ESP fitted.

An non-revised car is easy to spot, no spoiler!

Kev.

[ QUOTE ]
No idea when they started to manufacture the revised one mate, but if I remember correctly all previous cars were recalled to have a boot spoiler and ESP fitted.

An non-revised car is easy to spot, no spoiler!

Kev.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks mate

they started manufacturing in 1999-2000 the first ones did not have the spoiler on the back which cause them to behave badly at high speeds they were recalled and the spoiler was added and has been there since