WHAT A CAR!

LYRAC

Reaction score
By The Hole in the Wall, Kent, U. K. (The 1st Hol
Website
www.audi-sport.net
What superlatives could one use that have not been used relating to THE NEW AUDI RS4? In amongst the line of cars it blends, the Black Beauty of the bunch. You walk up to it as if you have not noticed it, with the hope that the door is left unlocked………result…………….you have the keys. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif You open the door and inhale that new car smell. Slide over the Recaro race styled seat bolster, to be ensconced with a firm supporting seat. For one moment you place the key in the ignition and try to turn it to allow the 420ps waken from their slumber. Wrong don’t turn the key…………….use the start button that is near your left knee on the handbrake consul. Now you are greeted with a muted chorus of the V8 beneath the bonnet………..how refined it all is. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gifAdjust the seat all manual except for the bolsters to grip your thighs, this could be quite sensuous, the other aids the lumber support, wind the knurled knob on the side to alter the rake of the seat (not used to all that mechanical stuff). Now adjust the mirrors and put on the seat belt and………………..

Depress the clutch, slide it into first gear (wow! that is like sliding silk along a piece of glass) check that it is in gear the whole process of selecting gears is a joy to behold…………this is a masterpiece, positive short shift just what the doctor ordered. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gifBring the clutch up slowly and feed the power ever so gently (we don’t want any MOMENTS!) and off we go. This car is now just bubbling along, 1st gear, 2nd gear, 3rd gear and we are in traffic, a pure joy that does not even give e clue of its true potential. Up into 4th and it will still effortlessly glide at 30mph without any problem at all. Is this really an RS4?

Out of traffic and now the open road beckons………………….no way……………..50mph and on a lane with the ‘mums to school to collect the kids syndrome’. Now we find some dual carriage way. So from 6th gear…………..you slide it effortlessly into 4th gear and us some of the 420ps. ONLY some it’s a brand new car and it propels you like a missile up to 70mph without even a sharp intake of breath. What will it be like when it is fully run in? You slow down allowing Billy No Mates to slip away from you (he thinks he’s left you for dead) you slide your left hand………………….to……………………THE BUTTON……………. yes the one with an “S” on it press and then you see the “S” illuminate on the DIS in front of you. Now does “S” stand for stratosphere mode? YES! YES! YES it does! The exhaust note changes in an instant…………your thighs are gently massaged as the seat becomes alive and holds you more firmly...................the steering becomes even more ‘alive’ …………..the throttle response is truly enhanced and one gram on effort on the accelerator and ……………………………you’ve caught Billy No Mates…………and now he is just a blur in the rear view mirror and we are only doing 70mph

This is THE CAR. All I want is………………………………………..! Need I say any more? Thank you Audi perfection is something that we all want and only few achieve………………….AUDI YOU HAVE DONE IT! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bravo.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bravo.gif

Oh by the way did i say that i have just test drove a RS4?

ps Did I say I liked it lots and lots and lots?
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Nice one!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif

I should get a drive in a week or two..............

BUB /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/comeon.gif

God i love Broadband less than a minute to download that file of Auroans.......nearly as fast as the RS4 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/woohoo.gif

[ QUOTE ]
God i love Broadband less than a minute to download that file of Auroans.......nearly as fast as the RS4 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/woohoo.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Presume you've got 10mb then? Just took 5 minutes for me on 2mb link.....but worth the wait.

Yeah Telewest. In all seriousness its only good for downloading large files 100 mb + otherwise i'd stick with 2 Meg as theres little difference in webpage opening times.

I have read NTL are trialing 100Mb connections down in Kent starting this month. Not exclusively for broadband though......HD transmissions and broadband. Exciting though to think you could download a 4 gig movie in a couple of minutes!