What a month......

Gaz78

Reaction score
First off, left my driveway few weeks back and the rear spring snapped!

Then hose has broke on rear wiper sending water everywhere apart from on the windscreen!

Friday the car started misfiring which turned out to be a coil pack. New one picked up today.......

However, on trying to open the bonnet to fit the coil pack, the flipping catch wouldn't engage . Tried a few different methods to get access to it but was failing on them all. Then resorted to ringing the AA as thought they might get further than me.....they didn't. Thought I'd have another go trying to go in through the small hole just above the grill in front of the bonnet catch, before taking a grinder to the grill to gain access! Anyway after making a hook out of a bucket handle, I finally managed to get hold of the cable and give it a good yank and it popped open .

So coil pack fitted and that's sorted, plus bonnet mechanism cleaned and greased and running smoothly. Just need to sort this wiper hose out then hopefully we good to go

Anyways, thanks again for the good info on here as it saved me a few quid in the end (no damaged grill plus samisnake found us a cheaper genuine coil pack)

Gaz

Reactions: Bryant1998
Well, how hard it may suck. You now know those parts won't need service anytime soon mate :D.