What are my music source options?

iambaz

Reaction score
Just speccing my new s3. I'm definitely going with B&O but other than music, I don't really have much need for the tech pack or anything like that (at least I don't think so).

So with just the B&O (multimedia wise) - what are my actual audio sources I can use? Obviously Radio/CD player. I'm assuming I can save mp3s from my computer to SD card as well? What about streaming through bluetooth? Is this possible without any tech / connectivity pack?

Anything else? I'm assuming that streaming services such as Spotify would only be available in the tech pack?

Cheers

Hi @iambaz your options on the standard unit will be:

• DAB/FM radio
  • Single slot CD player in the glovebox
  • Two SD card slots in the glovebox
  • Audi music interface
  • Bluetooth audio streaming (you can stream Spotify like this and you'll be able to play pause skip forward and backwards within a single playlist, it will show what song is playing on the dis and mm but the actual time running of the song doesn't show it just shows 000)
Hope this helps

From reading the forum, it seems the best solution is to copy all your music onto SD card. All the control you need plus album art on the MMI. (I don't think you get that any other way)
Posts on here seem to detail various imperfections with Spotify/Bluetooth.
CD drive - OK, but not really practical these days!!

I use my iPhone 6 attached via cable to the AMI system and it works just fine. It shows artwork and changes songs nice and quickly. I attach the iPhone to the car to charge it, I already have my music on my iPhone so it's just as easy to use the iPhone tbh.

Being able to plug in my iphone will be a big bonus. Nice to know I have some options even with the standard head unit.

Thanks for the replies!

You can use either MP3 or Flac files for music. I use both MP3(320) Flac 16 bit