What are the Coding/Retrofit mods that need VCP

bruce_miranda

Reaction score
What are the list of coding mods that can be done using VCP only?

I have VCDS but the Traffic Sign Recognition needed VCP.

What other mods need it. Not interested in VIM.

From what I can gather it's anything that needs parameterisation or for loading things like oem calibration data

Understood but in terms of additional features?

So I have done the following retrofits.
1. High Beam Assist
2. Active Lane Assist
3. Heated Steering Wheel
4. Traffic Sign Recognition

And need VCP Only for the last one. The others were a simple VCDS job.

I read that you can do auto rain closing of windows with VCP but not with VCDS don’t know if it’s correct.

I haven't seen a single report of anyone doing that on a B9 car.

1. High Beam Assist
2. Active Lane Assist
3. Heated Steering Wheel

You activated heated wheel?????

Activated No, Retrofitted Yes. Point is that, even for that retrofit, I only needed VCDS and not VCP.

For PDC front and rear retrofit you need VCP to parametrise the module.

Same for towing bar retrofit

A3 8V Facelift Limousine

For PDC front and rear retrofit you need VCP to parametrise the module.

Same for towing bar retrofit

A3 8V Facelift Limousine

so if you were to retrofit autopark with the 4 extra side sensors would you need VCP

@RJ-8V Are you sure?

I only see changes in modules 09, 44 and 17. The seem to be standard coding changes too?

I should have added, this is based on the manual from a kit from K-Electronic for an A5 F5

I should have added, this is based on the manual from a kit from K-Electronic for an A5 F5
As far as i know you have to parametrise the BCM. But now im not sure haha

Edit: just checked it, no need for VCP if you want to code it manually. The zdc for the bcm is just a automatic coding script.

A3 8V Facelift Limousine

Last edited:
I know in the US the guys need VCP to stop the Red lights blinking along with the Dynamic Indicators. And also to enable rear fog lights. So it seems that any lighting effect changes sit at a level below what VCDS can change.

OK, so new question. Has anyone used the remote coding ability of VCP, where you use a cheap enet cable and using DoIP, the coder can remotely operate on your car as though their client was connected directly?

OK, so new question. Has anyone used the remote coding ability of VCP, where you use a cheap enet cable and using DoIP, the coder can remotely operate on your car as though their client was connected directly?
Nope, never used it.

A3 8V Facelift Limousine

1. High Beam Assist
2. Active Lane Assist
3. Heated Steering Wheel

Any guidance available for the traffic sign recognition with VCP please?

Any guidance available for the traffic sign recognition with VCP please?
Download the files from file manager. Check corrosponding file with your camera firmware version. Use Flasher to upload.

After that remove faults, then code with vcp or vcds.

A3 8V Facelift Limousine

Reactions: Audidave69
So if I have the VCP would it be a simple case of just enabling the Traffic Sign Recognition using VCDS?

So if I have the VCP would it be a simple case of just enabling the Traffic Sign Recognition using VCDS?
Need vcp to flash and vcds to code. Or just use vcp for both.

A3 8V Facelift Limousine

Need vcp to flash and vcds to code. Or just use vcp for both.

A3 8V Facelift Limousine

Cheers RJ-8V.

So if I understand need to flash the camera and use VCP to code?

Is there a link to the files needed to code the camera?

OBDELEVEN
91C5D8E6 C07C 4D23 80CA 14399C97F891
:racer:

Reactions: Audidave69
The other thing is that I seem to recall when a A4 B9 owner tried the Kufatec TSR dongle it didn't work because he had a more recent model. Perhaps Audi have changed their coding?

The other thing is that I seem to recall when a A4 B9 owner tried the Kufatec TSR dongle it didn't work because he had a more recent model. Perhaps Audi have changed their coding?
No it depends on the firmware version of the front camera. Not all camera's can be flashed for TSR because the parameters are not available in VCP. I had a 2018 F5 cabrio two days ago, could not activate TSR because of the firmware. Coding is the same for all the versions.

A3 8V Facelift Limousine

Probably I was using the incorrect terminology and meant what you stated. I wonder if the firmware changed in relation to the campaign 90K9 camera firmware update to do with the camera temperature. I had this done at my last service...

Hi Darky I have a US A5 cabriolet 2018 whose lights have been changed for EU. Everything is fine but I have a problem with the fog tail light. I bought VCP but I do not find a simple guide that explains how to use it and if I wanted to fix the fog light issue what to do. Any Idea? Thanks