What are these buttons for? cup holder mod?

isimpoi

Reaction score
I'm a new owner of an Audi S3 and still getting to grips with the car. I noticed that on the interior beside the hazard switch that I have a lot of spare buttons. I wondered what all the buttons to the right of the switch were for since mine are all blank?

Wondered since these buttons don't really do anything if it might be possible to convert it into a cup holder of sorts like I've seen in other Audi/Seat/VW cars. Also on a side note, my heated seats have a 0-6 option and I'm assuming that is purely based on how hot you want it and not position on seat it heats?

I'm a new owner of an Audi S3 and still getting to grips with the car. I noticed that on the interior beside the hazard switch that I have a lot of spare buttons. I wondered what all the buttons to the right of the switch were for since mine are all blank?

Wondered since these buttons don't really do anything if it might be possible to convert it into a cup holder of sorts like I've seen in other Audi/Seat/VW cars. Also on a side note, my heated seats have a 0-6 option and I'm assuming that is purely based on how hot you want it and not position on seat it heats?

Regarding the 0-6 on the heated seats this is how hot you want it i.e 6 being the hottest.
The other buttons are heated rear window which is the one on the right and the one your pointing at is to put the blowers onto the front windscreen when it is misted up

Reactions: isimpoi
They are for things you don't have so there is nothing behind them. Adaptive suspension, parking aid etc
You can get a draw thing in there an slot it in next the hazard button, it's small but no cup holder

That's retrofitted Q3 HVAC unit. I have fitted one to my S3. That one uses a 3 way press button not the scroll wheel 0-6. I guess you used a borrowed pic?
As stated by dirtnap the buttons on the row above the hvac are blank. You can just lever that panel out for a look.

That's retrofitted Q3 HVAC unit. I have fitted one to my S3. That one uses a 3 way press button not the scroll wheel 0-6. I guess you used a borrowed pic?
As stated by dirtnap the buttons on the row above the hvac are blank. You can just lever that panel out for a look.
Yea it was just a borrowed pic, may see if I can maybe create a custom drink holder to fit in there since it would be a cool project

Would be interested in the outcome.
There are some other posts on here with cup holder mods.